Oh My Goodness Duck Huntings Amazing

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
Well long story short I have been fortunate enough to have met a very unique and special young women. Jolene is a college student, a college student union board member, Mrs. Southern California, and a hunter. I was lucky enough to be invite to hunt Barret with her and her dad on wednesday for the first time.

She took me clay shooting for the first time and used her guns, so i bought my own, and took me dove hunting for the first time. She is definitely something else.

Anyways, we got to Barret around 4 A.M. wednesday morning picked our blind and heard the duck hunting has been slow which we expected. so we load up and push off. We hunted blind 3 and set out ten or so decoys. We had a few close calls with ducks swimming closely into our decoys. The wind and rain was relentless from about 5:30- 9 A.M. we were getting slammed. At 9 Jolenes dad picked us up since he was set up non the there side of the bank. We rode around a couple coves and found some ruddies. (Im in the understanding that ruddier aren't "real ducks") The ruddies jumped and I knocked my first two ducks down in three shots. After that we found a mallard and I opt for jolene to shoot it so we got close it jumped and she shot and was just behind it but by that point it was out of her shooting lane and into mine so i knocked it down. A little while later we found a gadwal hiding in some bushes and he got nervous and jumped and I sent some more steel through him. Jolene knocked down a couple more ruddier and we called it a day. We finished with six ruddies a mallard and a gadwall.

Im hooked!!!! Spending time with Jolene and her dad are memories I will never forget.
Thank you for the opportunity & Fine Firearms for setting me up with some great shotgun shells

Attachments

• IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2045.JPG
    IMG_2045.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 12289749_1027579237293221_3429276130723368633_n.jpg
    12289749_1027579237293221_3429276130723368633_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 305
More pictures to follow

So for thanksgiving today my family and I made a truducken

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    964.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 37
Marry her. No I mean really. Do not pass go. Do not take it slow. Put a big ass ring on her finger and never ever let go. Learn to say I'm sorry I love you your right ect......

Oh yea Picts looks great and thanks for the report. Looks like an awesome day

If I get lucky enough to I plan on it :) But if it goes anything like my deer hunting goes :'( :'(

Attachments

• IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
Jon,

Great going to all 3 of you........Jolene is a wonderful person and I love being around you both.......Let's try to get out to Wister or San J........ ;)

Band-tail season is coming up too......Stefanie (& Jacob) really likes Jolene. Maybe we can all hook up for a shoot.

Great birds. Sounds like you found a winner too I'd say what gspman said don't take it slow a woman that hunts is hard to find in SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Ain't no shame in a ruddy game my friend. If you have your option to shoot mallards or gadwalls instead of ruddies, I'd for sure go the former route, but if they're moving or you want to bring home meat, just brine them to get the muddy taste out. Great find on the female hunter. Sounds like she got you hooked on more than just hunting!

ilovesprig said:
Jon,

Great going to all 3 of you........Jolene is a wonderful person and I love being around you both.......Let's try to get out to Wister or San J........ ;)

Band-tail season is coming up too......Stefanie (& Jacob) really likes Jolene. Maybe we can all hook up for a shoot.

Heck yeah!!! Jolene and I would love to

Never seen, heard of, a Band-tail but we are in :)

anyone notice the bass floating in the water next to the boat? lol. great job guys, if had a hunting partner like yours id never be home.

Great observation Jim.......Actually looks like a big crappie to me...... ;D

Boy, I hope Barrett comes back up...... :'(

ps......Looked at Hodges today......Long ways to go, but up in the tules...... ;)

Attachments

• 106.JPG
    106.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 21
Miss fishin hodges, got my biggest bass there just over 9 lbs, and I think your right it's a crappie

I agree with the pan fish observation, but my vote is a large bluegill. They have some toads in there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A negative Nick.......Elongated silvery body with pectorals near the rear....... :-*

I remember when the crappie that lake were as big as the bass.....What a fishery in the 80's & 90's..... ;)

ilovesprig said:
A negative Nick.......Elongated silvery body with pectorals near the rear....... :-*

I remember when the crappie that lake were as big as the bass.....What a fishery in the 80's & 90's..... ;)
Thread jack alert! Lol whatever it is, it's missing an eye, it's bloated and it has too much detritus on it for me even to identify a pectoral fin.
Classic old salts you gentlemen are: "Beautiful girlfriend, she's a great catch buddy, but Hey! What's that dead fish in the water there?!"
Haha

Big Jim said:
anyone notice the bass floating in the water next to the boat? lol. great job guys, if had a hunting partner like yours id never be home.

We saw more then 100 bass on the shower a couple really nice fish to most were about 2-3lbs but there were a few bass that were 5-6lbs easy and the one in the pic was a big crappie..... it was pretty sad and we were all wondering why they were all dead

Also forgot tomention i saw something on the opposite bank that morning through the rain and relayed three big coyotes were running the shore line it was cool to see them with their winter coats starting

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu