On the Move!

My honest opinion is they will hold up in central Cal. I am flying up to Sac in December to go waterfowl hunting. Some of you duckers might want to start looking into it. Only $90 round trip on southwest. We are using a guide but man for as many times as I drove to wister last year and only took home a few ducks each time flying to Sac sounds great and honestly all in almost the same price.

Drew,

Lots of the regulars have quit 'fowling here...Sac Valley is beautiful and literally has millions of ducks & geese...I have good friends guiding up there now...Worth the dough, if you want to see some unbelievable grinds.

ps...Turkey hunting is going this route too.

Reactions: TRICER
My honest opinion is they will hold up in central Cal. I am flying up to Sac in December to go waterfowl hunting. Some of you duckers might want to start looking into it. Only $90 round trip on southwest. We are using a guide but man for as many times as I drove to wister last year and only took home a few ducks each time flying to Sac sounds great and honestly all in almost the same price.
What guide outfit are you using? I’m planning on doing the same thing.

Drew,

Lots of the regulars have quit 'fowling here...Sac Valley is beautiful and literally has millions of ducks & geese...I have good friends guiding up there now...Worth the dough, if you want to see some unbelievable grinds.

ps...Turkey hunting is going this route too.
For me I would rather travel a few more hours and get on game. The boys and I will more than likely got to southern UT for Turkey in the spring. For me it’s worth’s the day or two off work and the chance at game.

Reactions: ilovesprig
What guide outfit are you using? I’m planning on doing the same thing.
Here is the link to the guide service we are using. I bought a 7 person hunt for $1,600 at a dinner. His prices seem reasonable compared to most guides. $300 a day plus tip. I haven't hunted with him before but I am sure he must be decent because the guys at this dinner wouldn't have donated the hunt if he wasn't. Our hunt is in mid December so we should hopefully crush it.

Here is the link to the guide service we are using. I bought a 7 person hunt for $1,600 at a dinner. His prices seem reasonable compared to most guides. $300 a day plus tip. I haven't hunted with him before but I am sure he must be decent because the guys at this dinner wouldn't have donated the hunt if he wasn't. Our hunt is in mid December so we should hopefully crush it.
Cool! I saw this guy when I googled Sacramento duck hunting. I will reach out to him. Thank you

If you’re flying up to Sac that means you’d be flying past Mendota, the greatest refuge in the Pacific Flyway! Last time I was at Mendota it was covered in ducks, highly recommend.

If you’re flying up to Sac that means you’d be flying past Mendota, the greatest refuge in the Pacific Flyway! Last time I was at Mendota it was covered in ducks, highly recommend.

I have hunted Mendota twice and never raised my gun but I hear good things about it. Definitely need a mentor to hunt that place IMO.

Reactions: TRICER
I have hunted Mendota twice and never raised my gun but I hear good things about it. Definitely need a mentor to hunt that place IMO.
I’ve been there twice also. The first time I didn’t raise my gun, the second time I should’ve bagged a couple ducks but my aim was awful. I think you definitely have to live close to be able to learn the refuge, its a lot harder to hunt for us guys that have to drive super far.

I’ve been there twice also. The first time I didn’t raise my gun, the second time I should’ve bagged a couple ducks but my aim was awful. I think you definitely have to live close to be able to learn the refuge, its a lot harder to hunt for us guys that have to drive super far.
They dont call it the Mendota 500 fer nothing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu