Opener

Big Jim

Aug 6, 2015
Where's everyone heading for the opener? Me .... open water on the sea.

Heading for Wister......Moved the trailer yesterday......Good amount of birds & the area looks good.....I think Rick said they'll be 93 blinds available, plus the 13 at Hazard......Should be a zoo.....A hot zoo (91).....:cool:

i took a peek last weekend, saw alot of birds sitting. i love the first light when Wister starts its shoot, all the birds head towards me LOL.

Wife got a 52 at wister for Sunday.

spending Friday and Saturday hog hunting up north. Should be a long weekend.

Have fun and be safe.

Sd river baby!!!!! Cheeeeow

Trust me it has crossed my mind more then once to take a pellet gun down to RCP lake. I swim my dog there and do bumper training. There really is a decent waterfowl population. I know guys who use to hunt SD bay way back in the day. I bet Steve hunted SD bay probably has some pictures.

Trust me it has crossed my mind more then once to take a pellet gun down to RCP lake. I swim my dog there and do bumper training. There really is a decent waterfowl population. I know guys who use to hunt SD bay way back in the day. I bet Steve hunted SD bay probably has some pictures.

You know I did & do.................lol

.sd bay 1978.jpg

Reactions: TRICER
Steve is that a sea duck? For some reason I remember them saying they hunted sea ducks. How did you shoot that bird without camo waders?

Drew,

That's a bufflehead......They have no problem with salt or fresh water.......Quite common in SD Bay.

And yeah, how'd we ever kill anything without a $400.00 jacket, $100.00 shirt, $200.00 pants, and $300.00 camo waders....lol

.sd bay '84.jpg

Reactions: Gspman
Is it even legal to hunt with out all the expensive camo?

Nice Picts steve I love to see all the older hunting pictures. I lost all my grandfathers hunting pictures in a fire years ago.

Drew,

That's a bufflehead......They have no problem with salt or fresh water.......Quite common in SD Bay.

And yeah, how'd we ever kill anything without a $400.00 jacket, $100.00 shirt, $200.00 pants, and $300.00 camo waders....lol

.View attachment 28628

Geez Steve, a WHITE turtleneck to boot!!

My Gpa tells me stories about hunting deer in a plaid flannel shirt with green and white squares...said he killed more then than ever did with modern camo...haha!

So how deep are most of the ponds at wister? I've been out to san j and many were almost over my waders. I've only got about 3' of rope on my decoys right now.

Doug,

Very very shallow for the most part......In fact, I'm bringing a bunch of full bodies......3' is MORE than enough.

.IMG_9023.JPG

Reactions: Gspman

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu