Oranco Archery Club

bry0232

May 19, 2014
Riverside, Ca
So I got into bow hunting when I was living in New jersey and after getting my first and only deer I've been hooked.......

being back a couple years I haven't had the time to get out and shoot much let alone do any hunting.. Having a newborn will do that to you..

A guy a used to work with here in Corona who first introduced me into the bow hunting idea stopped by the office the other day and we got to talking hunting....showing me pictures (he now lives in Utah) of his hunts and so on...

He was telling me that a good place to get good info and just all around good people and good shooting would be Oranco archery club off of the 71

I really want to get out and start shooting bow again since all I've done since I got back is shotgun for Upland game..I really want to get some hog blood on my broadheads and I would like to do it on Public land because the idea of spending 500$ erks me..... Just curious if anyone has shot bow there or had any experiences good or bad with this place... I live on the South-east end of Riverside and the Oranco is not to far but I know there are closer indoor ranges near me... Should I spend the money and get a membership and hope I get some tips or just keep shooting in the backyard and pray I can find a place that I wont get chased out of or get lucky and find some hogs on public land.

thanks.

Oranco is a cool place so yeah its good to shoot there. Go to one of their 3d shoots and even if you suck you will meet lots of cool people. Lots of target people are not hunters so how much hunting info you get out of it is variable. If you are new to archery then go to a indoor range and take a couple classes. Good form is the block you build off of.

good luck on getting public land pig in California. i would rate that in difficulty right there with killing a unicorn. The worst thing that happens is you get lots of time in the field and while you are doing it you can hunt coyotes and other things and learn a LOT about how to hunt. Its a bummer but 500 bucks is about what it costs to kill a pig in calif and the drought has not helped that at all!

Pigs on public land in California are very rare. It can be done, with a lot of luck. I've gone pig hunting probably 100 times and have only killed 2... $500 is cheap compared to how much you will spend trying to get a public pig... I'd hit up GSGS and get some blood!

Here's some public land motivation
570dbbf5562b10efcd4abc69e755ca41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wanted to join a club, but lack of time has stopped me from doing so. I believe Riverside Archers is another club closer to you.

Aeon said:
Oranco is a cool place so yeah its good to shoot there. Go to one of their 3d shoots and even if you suck you will meet lots of cool people. Lots of target people are not hunters so how much hunting info you get out of it is variable. If you are new to archery then go to a indoor range and take a couple classes. Good form is the block you build off of.

good luck on getting public land pig in California. i would rate that in difficulty right there with killing a unicorn. The worst thing that happens is you get lots of time in the field and while you are doing it you can hunt coyotes and other things and learn a LOT about how to hunt. Its a bummer but 500 bucks is about what it costs to kill a pig in calif and the drought has not helped that at all!

Cool thanks for the info... yea I'd like to join my buddy said it was a great place... I've been shooting now for a couple years and shot longbow's and recurves when I was a kid but it never hurts to get some tips and practice the right way...!.

Yea It may be worth it factoring all the gas and time spent looking but thats what makes it fun I guess. Part of the adventure getting out and finding your own... thanks for the info.

TaftHunter said:
Pigs on public land in California are very rare. It can be done, with a lot of luck. I've gone pig hunting probably 100 times and have only killed 2... $500 is cheap compared to how much you will spend trying to get a public pig... I'd hit up GSGS and get some blood!

Wow what a beast!!! nice boar! Gsgs they're up in Barstow or Bakersfield area correct? what do they charge for a hunt ?

Nice freikin Hog man...

bry0232 said:
TaftHunter said:

Wow what a beast!!! nice boar! Gsgs they're up in Barstow or Bakersfield area correct? what do they charge for a hunt ?

Nice freikin Hog man...

Thanks! It only took me 6 years of hunting for em to get him, more rare then killing a deer for me lol
I think springville which is like an hour north of Bakersfield. I think $500, not too sure...

Thanks again!

bry0232 said:
Gsgs they're up in Barstow or Bakersfield area correct? what do they charge for a hunt ?

Nice freikin Hog man...
GSGS is a site sponsor so you can find them on the main SCH page, or look them up on FB. $300 to hunt, another $300 if you kill one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu