Oscar Canon Wounded Warrior Memorial Duck Hunt At Falling Feathers Ranch.

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
A year ago we had the luck to meet a extraordinary man SSGT Oscar Canon. In just the few weeks he was around us we got to know and love Oscar he was the man who made last years hunt a success. in meeting him you would have guessed he was in his mid 30s and not his 20"s a truea man amongst men. Oscar died a few weeks after the hunt as a result of the wounds he got fighting for us. We all lost out that day that Oscar passed, he will be missed but never forgotten.

This years hunt was EPIC!!!!! we had 14 Marines show up at zero dark thirty. They braved ice on I8 sub freezing temps to get in a day of duck hunting. When they got on site they got geared up and matched up with a club member. As the sun came up it was clear that the coots had nothing to worry about today.

The sound of 1k rounds of Hevi-Metal heading sky ward with ducks falling over the place was just freaking rad. The Marines gave the spoonage a pounding and soon the ducks were getting stacked up. My hunter for his first duck ever in his life got a nice drake cotton top and then backed it up with a Gadwal.

Lunch time came and everyone headed in and got treated to a full lunch cooked up by my Old man and Bill DeMoss. Burgers, beans and chips with plenty of ummmm soda to wash it down :) Then it was time to go back at it for a bit. All in all it was a freaking great day and a honor to hunt with you guys.

Need to give thanks to a few for making this go off like it did.

first off thanks to Environ Hevi-Shot. you guys not only make the best duck loads on earth but you're a great company that DOES GIVE BACK. What you guys did for us is huge and i can not thank you enough for the LOVE you gave us. The club is littered with empty Hevi-metal rounds and its a pretty sight to see :)

Thanks to Bass ProShops of Ontario. They took care of us and helped us put the men out there with the right gear so they could be warm and dry. Bob, Wendy and Amber you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks To Mike and Brenda Carver. Your generosity made this years hunt the best yet.

Thanks to Falling Feathers Ranch for letting be a part of this. Bryant none of this even gets started with out your club and The great members of the club who as a team made this year the best yet. I Hope you guys in the years to come allow me to keep working at making this the best Wounded Warrior hunt in the Nation.

And Last.... Thanks to all the Men who have served our Nation. I am amazed at the quality of the men that come out. You guys are our hero's!

We are just a bunch of rednecks that had a idea last year to put on a hunt. With no idea about how to do it or what it would take. This is our second year and i can freaking wait till next year. If you ever think hey i could do something like this, YOU CAN! It does make a difference and it does matter and the rewards for doing it are so great.

46F6AE20-F713-4062-A089-CF041F70FA06-730-0000005AC109D436.jpg

7B11A113-F874-4839-98C5-1BABBB740736-730-0000005AB126691F.jpg

E53C19A9-A16B-4A55-8B7C-86AB3B7EF269-730-0000005FCCE3A984.jpg

Strong work Bill. You have given a lot back and it is appreciated by both the military and non-military folks.

Great work. Thank you for all you are doing and have done. As an American, serving the men and women of our armed services is one of two jobs we are all called to do. Pull the trigger or support those who do.
AND, it looks like they had a blast doing it!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu