Pendelton Sportsman Club Video

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
I know there's many on our site that call Camp Pendelton home.....Just found this video tonight.......Pretty darn good description about hunting San Diego turkeys on public land.....I'm speaking at the club next week about turkey hunting. Really looking forward to meeting the guys from the base.....Thank you all for your service.

Reactions: just_ducky_1
One correction: you do NOT need to buy an adventure pass to park and spend the day in CNF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: turkeyman 85
One correction: you do NOT need to buy an adventure pass to park and spend the day in CNF.

Don,

Sorry to thread jack here but is this based on that recent case where, if you aren't using CNF facilities (bathrooms, campgrounds, etc) then an Adventure Pass isn't required? Although I haven't bought one in years, some parts of the forest still have the "pass required" signs. I've never run into issues with not having one, but just wanted to make sure.

Good question Jason. Im with you; last bought one in 2013. As I understand it, the adventure pass can only be required if you are using "improvements". That would include campsites and bathrooms, I assume. Rather than continue this discussion here, we can continue the discussion on a prior thread. I'll find one and revive it.

Steve, thanks for all you do to help your brother hunters. Sorry for the thread jack.

No problem Don......Important issue that needs to be cleared up at the turkey tune-up with CNF officials that attend the event.

ps.....This video is from 2004 by the way

Reactions: Bonejour
Good question Jason. Im with you; last bought one in 2013. As I understand it, the adventure pass can only be required if you are using "improvements". That would include campsites and bathrooms, I assume. Rather than continue this discussion here, we can continue the discussion on a prior thread. I'll find one and revive it.

Steve, thanks for all you do to help your brother hunters. Sorry for the thread jack.

I have used my adventure pass for at least the last 10 years

great club I still worked at CPen when it started and knew the marines who got the club off the ground.

Great video for a new guy like myself. I have never experienced a turkey hunt but it looked like a lot of fun. Very good information. If this actually on the base?

Great video for a new guy like myself. I have never experienced a turkey hunt but it looked like a lot of fun. Very good information. If this actually on the base?

Despite reports of turkeys on base, I have no confirmed sightings......This video, I believe was in the Julian area of San Diego East County.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu