Pheasants bagged

Gspman

IMG_0996.JPG this is what I live for! Headed out with the family,my dad, my 17year old son, my wife, and my 8year old step granddaughter. Oh yea and the dog(2year old GSP). Found our usual alfalfa fields way taller then usual about knee high and as usual we had them to our selves. We walked the 2 big fields most of the day. Did about 5 miles. I think that due to the height of the growth they did not want to fly but we saw probably close to 40 birds. Bagged 5 from 4 shooters. Dropped 2 more but they hit the ground running and we lost them. (I hate when that happens) I'm sure they will be coyote food tonight.

We get to do it all over again tomorrow morning.

Congrats. We will be heading down in the AM hope to put a few on the Thanksgiving table.

IMG_0999.JPG Got on them again today. This time my dad, son and grand daughter stayed behind. I love being able to out hunt my 17year old. Guess I still got it. So it was just my wife and I. My favorite hunting partner. She did meet one lone female hunter in the field. This was her first time hunting and just happened to find our spot. My wife and I got our limits then when I headed in my wife stayed out with her to find her limit. She is becoming a good sportsman (woman). Anyway a 2day bag of 9 for for 4 shooters. And I great weekend with family and kids.

Last edited:
That's a great picture!.......Thanks for sharing Doug.......And congrats to all involved........:blush:

View attachment 28911 this is what I live for! Headed out with the family,my dad, my 17year old son, my wife, and my 8year old step granddaughter. Oh yea and the dog(2year old GSP). Found our usual alfalfa fields way taller then usual about knee high and as usual we had them to our selves. We walked the 2 big fields most of the day. Did about 5 miles. I think that due to the height of the growth they did not want to fly but we saw probably close to 40 birds. Bagged 5 from 4 shooters. Dropped 2 more but they hit the ground running and we lost them. (I hate when that happens) I'm sure they will be coyote food tonight.

We get to do it all over again tomorrow morning.

Here's the lone pheasant I came up on... got some dove as well but this was my first pheasant!

Attachments

• IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
GSPMAN.... do you own those fields or know the owner?

I found these fields a few years ago. Asked if I could hunt dove one year and he said yes and to come back for pheasant opener. It's been a great spot. It's not posted and he will not run people off if they find it.

Back