photos and how to take them with your phone

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
A quick tutorial for taking photos with your phone for use on the web. Most phones today take amazing photos with great color and clarity. My Galaxy S6 active can take 16meg pixel photos. lets look at what photos are used for and why we might need a photo that big. a 16mega pixel photo is 73"x 41" in actual size. HUGE! and yes if you are going to make a print that size you need that much data to keep the photo clean.

Now on my phone it has a 2.4mega pix setting. That renders a photo that is 28" x 16" still pretty big and more than big enough for any web use. The size of the file is is less than a quarter of the size of the full high quality photo, 4meg vs 715KB.

have you found your self running out of room on your phone? turn the camera down to a setting someplace around 2 to 3 mega pixels. and you will have 4 times the space or more for photos.

now there are times when a full resolution photo is wanted. IF you are making a big blow up print then by all means take as big a photo as you can. If you are posting to the web and texting friends set it low and save space

here are two photos one at 16megs and one at 2.4
you see if you can tell on the web what one is what....20160808_182518.jpg 20160808_182525.jpg

The pic on the bottom is the 16mp....

The 2.6 doesn't pick up the child next to the mail box

Reactions: d16ridgehiker
Every thread is better with pix........Hope guys use this to post from their fancy phones........:blush:

I can't tell the difference with out looking at the meta data.

But what I do know is that is one nice truck (looks just like mine):p

I would say it also affects how much you can zoom in correct. The top pic I can zoom in closer than the bottom pic.
I was trying to see if you shrunk the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct it does affect how much you can crop, this is really only a factor for images you want to make prints with.

BTW that's my custom corn hole boards im building

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu