Pigeons

mazilla

Aug 11, 2013
San Jacinto
Where are you getting your pigeons from? DFG says trapping wild birds is a no-go. I know I should get them from a breeder, but I can't imagine many being too keen on the reason I need the birds. I'm not comfortable lying...I don't do it very well. I also don't want to keep pigeons year round so I'm looking for someplace I can go get 5 or so at a time, if such a place exists.

Are they really wild if the live in the city and eat crap people throw out in the parking lot for them ... a little throw net and you could get all you need in an Albertsons parking lot on Lake Murray and Navajo ;)

Try Angela's Pheasants they are in Ramona. 760 789- 1175

Or.....

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=29379

Look up companies that do pest control for pigeons. They have them and do need to get rid of them. This time of year the guy I use can't give them away. Expect to pay 2-4 per bird from them.

I second Angela's but it's not cheap.

Hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot.

Magnolia Bird Farm, 8990 Cerritos Ave, Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 527-3387
$3 a bird

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu