Please help identify

asrcpp223

Mar 2, 2015
ccee8fc61741fcdf93fbe036508ff9af.jpg
1c4e479ce4a0eb4597f71f65433e91c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like a desert area but if it is it could possibly be a tortoise as well. Were there no tracks?

I see holes like that all the time in South Dakota from Badgers, not sure here...maybe a fox like others are saying? I second Steve's trail cam idea.

haha, this was on a certain spot on VAFB, was out looking for hogs, couldn't see any tracks around that specifically but the rain hit that area hard and drove em out for the most part. Still trying to get my bearings as far as pig hunting goes but i didn't see much as far as fresh pig sign goes. Lots of bushes and burls that look like pigs after a while :eyes:o_O. Also a lot of govt cattle land to hunt in that pigs hand around in. The worst is that the spots where the cattle like to hang out near due to their weight and the soft ground they tear up the ground and it looks ALOT like rooting:sob:. one day... there is hope.

ccee8fc61741fcdf93fbe036508ff9af.jpg
1c4e479ce4a0eb4597f71f65433e91c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It could be a skunk hole, look around the area for the emergency exit hole so you don't turn around to a spray. I have stupidly thrown sticks in hole like that and 15 feet away a big skunk came shooting out of a different hole, luckily running away instead of spraying me as I deserved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu