Prayers needed for Drew

Hoping for a speedy recovery. They were thick in the area i was in and i have never come across them out there in past years. Was like the IV in the summer time. Must be all the rain.

Prayers, that he fully recovers.
For the newbies, Please invest in a good pair boots, and gaiters or snake chaps, and be mindful, when climbing take your slow pace and verify where you place your hands. I live in the middle of Rattle snake country. I have trained my self to walk slow, and watch the ground , at all times. If I see a stick on the ground I have to stop and verify it's stick.
Many times it was a rattler. Creator bless.
Ps snake antivenom
Cost are very high, thousands, invest boots and gaiters

Reactions: YETI and ilovesprig
Hoping for a speedy recovery. They were thick in the area i was in and i have never come across them out there in past years. Was like the IV in the summer time. Must be all the rain.
Unusual amou t of rain , causes unusual amount of wild seed grass and plants, then a boom in the rat population. In turn more snakes. May be a year with large population. I may have unpack my gaiters just to walk a round the property. Good news is I hear tons of quail.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Latest..... :heart:

It was not Drew Sr.....It was Drew Jr.....Just talked to Drew and he will give us the update.....Don't mess with rattlesnakes!!!!

Last edited:
Update.

This was my Son Drew Jr. he got hit on the hand by a baby yesterday 5pm got the hospital in about 20 minutes and they gave him minutes to live. They medically sedated him put him on a ventilator and gave him 20 vials of anti venom. They said it was one of the fastest reactions they have ever seen.

We thought he would be under for a few days but they ended up waking him up around noon today.

We are out of the woods but will be in the hospital for around 5 days. Thanks for the prayers.

IMG_9004.jpeg
IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone’s prayer got through. Can’t imagine what you all were going through when it was touch and go. So glad he’s recovering!

Reactions: TRICER
Good to hear the young man is going to be okay. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. Now he'll have a story to tell all his female friends. :)

Reactions: NBK and TRICER
Update.

This was my Son Drew Jr. he got hit on the hand by a baby yesterday 5pm got the hospital in about 20 minutes and they gave him minutes to live. They medically sedated him put him on a ventilator and gave him 20 vials of anti venom. They said it was one of the fastest reactions they have ever seen.

We thought he would be under for a few days but they ended up waking him up around noon today.

We are out of the woods but will be in the hospital for around 5 days. Thanks for the prayers.

View attachment 62083
View attachment 62084

View attachment 62085
Prayers , for a fast recovery. Creator bless

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu