Predator contest

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
What's the deal with the not a predator contest? Bobcat, foxes, and coyote only? Does a new one start tomorrow?

Coyote contests are not legal in California as of last month. You can still hunt them, count them, list them, show them. You just can't call it a contest and the guy with the most can't be called a winner or get a prize. I'm not sure if a hand shake or pat on the back is legal either. No it is not April 1st and this is not a joke. Welcome to CA.

I assume the one on here is just for fun and smack talk / bragging rights. With that said can you legally call all the guys who did not get the most "not winners".

Or better yet like all youth sports now everyone gets a trophy and the Allstars are now pulled out of a hat. ;)

There never was a deal, it was a spontaneous event for a soiled t-shirtthe Johnny wore often. I think we could have kept the contest gong this year as the new regs will be for next year. In protest we killed it.... Johnny won his own shirt anyways.

So here is my idea for next year's not a contest. The winner has to take a newbi hunting. This way it's like a tax and we all know calif likes taxes.

Aeon said:
There never was a deal, it was a spontaneous event for a soiled t-shirtthe Johnny wore often. I think we could have kept the contest gong this year as the new regs will be for next year. In protest we killed it.... Johnny won his own shirt anyways.

So here is my idea for next year's not a contest. The winner has to take a newbi hunting. This way it's like a tax and we all know calif likes taxes.

Lol smart thinking

Aeon said:

That is awesome! ;D ;D

Aeon said:

Awesome.

Aeon said:

What are the qualifications for the newbie, just askin!

steveo007 said:
Aeon said:

What are the qualifications for the newbie, just askin!

Kill coyotes and bobcats bears as you do I'll keep score it got fox crazy last year so I won't poast them on the list.

Hunted my butt off this weekend Down in AZ didn't even see a coyote. Thought for sure I would get the first of the year. I am thinking maybe since it was full moon they were only out at night so they were not hunting in the mornings. Wish night hunting would open up down there.

Truduct said:
Hunted my butt off this weekend Down in AZ didn't even see a coyote. Thought for sure I would get the first of the year. I am thinking maybe since it was full moon they were only out at night so they were not hunting in the mornings. Wish night hunting would open up down there.

I night hunt a lot man more then twice a week. It's easier in the day

I night hunt a lot man more then twice a week. It's easier in the day
[/quote]

I am working on it I will get one soon.

I believe that some of the info put out in this threat is not correct. Coyote contests have NOT been banned...only the awarding of prizes. Several news agencies (NPR, the Huffington Post and other news and Internet publications) flash big headlines stating "California bans coyote killing contests" or something similar to that. Then, in the article, they go on to say that prizes may not be awarded but gloss over the fact that contests may still take place AS LONG AS PRIZES OR OTHER INCENTIVES ARE NOT GIVEN OUT.

Truduct said:
And let's be honest when it comes to hunting bragging rights are of the highest value.

I would have to disagree... There are a lot higher values for hunting then bragging rights. I mean yeah it's cool to have bragging rights, but is that really what you're thinking about out in the field or after a kill?

Now fishing on the other hand, I do that 90% of the time for bragging rights actually that's what I'm thinking about the whole time I'm fishing "dang I hope I catch a bigger fish then my girlfriend "

TaftHunter said:
Truduct said:
And let's be honest when it comes to hunting bragging rights are of the highest value.

I would have to disagree... There are a lot higher values for hunting then bragging rights. I mean yeah it's cool to have bragging rights, but is that really what you're thinking about out in the field or after a kill?

Now fishing on the other hand, I do that 90% of the time for bragging rights actually that's what I'm thinking about the whole time I'm fishing "dang I hope I catch a bigger fish then my girlfriend "
Depends on what I am hunting. You are right on larger game but I do a ton of upland game hunting and there is nothing funnier then getting out there with my two best friends and hitting long shots, shooting doubles, getting the birds they miss etc. I love hunting with friends trash talking and just having fun. We called my one buddy BW or Bird watcher for like 3 trips because he was having such a hard time hitting birds. He actually is a great shot but went into a wickid slum a few years ago.
As for fishing my wife and kids all ways kick my butt I use to let them reel my fish in pretty soon they will probably have to let me reel there fish in. It can feel quite demoralizing lately lol. Especially my 8 year old he is a beast and all ways finds a way to remind me how many he has. Good times.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu