Predator hunting spots??

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to hunting. As far as hunting is concerned, I'm really only interested in Coyote right now and I'll eventually move on to something else. I currently live in Castaic, CA over by Six Flags Magic Mountain and this is right at the edge of the Angeles National Forest. It is crawling with critters but the terrain is not ideal. It is very rocky and un-forgiving. I am a very good shooter and I want to find some decent spots for good wide open areas that are full of yote's. Any recommendations? I found a good spot on my GPS up in Acton and have done a few stands up there already, but the locals tell me it is better in the Fall/Winter. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm shooting a CMMG AR-15 with a 24" Bull barrel so I'd love some range and I am using a Cotton Distress call. Any pointers?? Please let me know!

Thanks Guys! ;D

Thanks man! Yea I'm definitely going to hit up those spots in Acton again this fall, I think I might wait for some rain first to scatter all of the little mice out of their holes, then I'll head out.

I've been calling predators for a few years now and there really is no good or bad time of the year to call in a coyote. They eat rabbit year round, and every day. Your chances are pretty much the same spring, summer, fall or winter. I have noticed that they do seem to be a little more active towards the end of summer tho. Right about now is perfect time for calling, pups will come running!

Thanks man! @ TaftHunter

Do you have any recommendations for locations within reasonable driving distance from Castaic CA? Nice deer by the way! ;D

coyotekid87 said:
Thanks man! @ TaftHunter

Do you have any recommendations for locations within reasonable driving distance from Castaic CA? Nice deer by the way! ;D

I'll pm you

Hey coyotekid not sure if you've had a chance to read this thread. As a new hunter it might be useful.

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,6032.0.html

Lungpopper said:
Hey coyotekid not sure if you've had a chance to read this thread. As a new hunter it might be useful.

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,6032.0.html
X2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu