Quail is off to a good start

Boudroux

Jan 26, 2013
Opening weekend was amazing for me on so many levels. I got back into the field with my old man who we thought wouldn't hunt anymore after a two year fight with cancer. Last year would have been my pointers first hunting season at 1 yrs old but she contracted valley fever and was sick for 5 months, she recovered and is in fine health so far this season. And the best is my son at 10 yrs old shot his first quail over a nice point. Like a knucklehead not a singe picture from opening weekend. I am getting my kids first bird mounted for him though.20181101_173228.jpg20181101_173237.jpg

Saw tons of birds opening weekend, shot a bunch and was a proud father and a son.

I'm in the desert right now and shot dinner last night. Got out for an hour before the skeeters tore my ass up and I ran away. Last time I ever forget the bug spray at the house.

Wow! What a sweet time! Three generations hunting together is quite a blessing! Congrats to your boy on his first quail. Great accomplishment at age 10! The first of many I am sure. Congrats to dad too for winning his battle! Every day is precious, especially a day afield with family and friends. Keep making those memories. Thanks for the report, looking forward to the next one... with pictures ;-) God bless, Mark

Reactions: Jdub760

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu