Question for Kuiu users

NBK said:
Lungpopper said:
MJB said:
My Sitka gear bought in 2005 is still going strong.......fit, function & durability are the reasons too buy the good stuff once you try it it's hard to go with anything else......and both have a great warranty

Lots of truth to MJB'S post. I used to be like El Matavenados. Once you try it you're hooked. Bought 5 more pieces today.

What did you get today?

Peloton 130 SS
Peloton 240 Hoodie
Teton pant
Alpine pant
Pro mesh hat

El Matavenados said:
I usually buy the cheapest gear that will meet my requirements. The number 1 killer of my gear is barbed wire. The number 2 killer is age/use/washing. Therefore, if a $4 synthetic long-sleeved camo shirt from WalMart meets my needs, I buy 4 of them. If I find camo BDUs online for under $20/pair, I buy 2-3 pair, and they last me more than 5 years, typically. I can rip a $20 pair of pants just as easily as a $95 pair of pants, or a $100 set of rain gear as easily as a $300 set. So for me, it doesn't make sense to spend top dollar on what I consider consumables. The key for me is, does it meet my needs?

+1.......And Under Armour cold gear under garments........ ;)

Lungpopper said:
TaftHunter said:
Lungpopper said:
MJB said:
My Sitka gear bought in 2005 is still going strong.......fit, function & durability are the reasons too buy the good stuff once you try it it's hard to go with anything else......and both have a great warranty

Lots of truth to MJB'S post. I used to be like El Matavenados. Once you try it you're hooked. Bought 5 more pieces today.

I got 11 I have a problem I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not married so you don't have to worry. You can get away with it.

LOL that's true im excited to see a how the Teton pants are compared to my Attacks. I also got some more Tiburons, gonna be more careful in them this year...

TaftHunter said:
Lungpopper said:
TaftHunter said:
Lungpopper said:
MJB said:

I got 11 I have a problem I think

You're not married so you don't have to worry. You can get away with it.

LOL that's true im excited to see a how the Teton pants are compared to my Attacks. I also got some more Tiburons, gonna be more careful in them this year...

Let us know what pants you think are best when you get them. Thats next on my list.

Will do Dano, I can give a quick overview of the Tiburon vs Attack.

The Tiburon is a thin material, perfect for hot days. I would suggest wearing these anywhere from 60-100°. Becareful of snags, they do tear and wear easily! I really like the vent on the side of your thighs, actually my favorite feature on these pants. Overall, I would suggest these to anyone interested in purchasing a pair of lightweight pants. (I did buy them twice)
Tiburon-12.5 oz

For the Attacks, I think these are a great pair of mid-late season pants. I suggest these from 45-85° (lower temps I would wear a pair of thermals). These pants are more durable then the Tiburon's. Keep in mind these pants are a totally different material, they also have a tighter more athletic fit to them. As with the Tiburon's the Attack's do have the thigh ventilation zipper which I always have unzipped while hiking to dump heat that my body is producing. For a mid-late season pants the attacks are great!
Attack-18.5 oz

I'm hoping the Teton pants exceed my expectations, we will see. After a few hunts in them I will come back to do a review. Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I don't think they feature the ventilation zip?
Teton-15 oz

I have both the tiburon and the attack pants. Both are awesome. The 4 way stretch is a must now for me. I used the pee out of my tiburons and they are still going strong. Got a few snags last year in the mesquite of AZ but other than that they are like new. This is my 4th season on them.
I also have the 145 merino tee which was a little flimsy I thought. I wore it in on a 7mile backpack hunt and it was already wearing through. I still wear it but just a thought. The long sleeve 185 merino is sweet! Just be carefull of where you take a nap in the backcountry, grasshoppers love to munch on the merino wool. Kuiu kicks a#$.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu