Question Raney Ranch Retriever

THE_NEW_GUY

Has anybody ever purchased a dog from them? I really want to get a new chocolate Labrador puppy. I lost my good dog almost two years ago. Kind of different without her around. My other Labrador I think is on her way out. She is 14 and going deaf and getting fatty tumors all over the place. I seen Raney Ranch retrievers online and their local.

They are a good to go, they prefer to sell dogs to people who will get training done by them but you can get a puppy if they like you. They are not cheap so don't choke when you hear the price.

Scott,

I know Steve & Carrie quite well...As mentioned, his dogs are pricey, but are some of the best...The fact that he's local is nice...You work with your dog on a beautiful facility near Lake Henshaw.

Take a drive or give him a call...1-858-414-8258...Good guy

What is considered pricey? Are we talkin 5000 or $10,000 for fully trained dog? My buddy up north in Sac Valley paid $15,000 for his dog once it was all said and done. Dog was like a machine not a very good family dog though.

Took them my dog to train many years ago, highly recommend them for training. I imagine any dog you get from them will perform up to your expectations

Very nice operation , for the most part well bred pups . I'm not sure if the have a chocolate line.

Chocolate pups can be challenging , before you purchase that chocolate pup I'd go meet and watch the parents work.

10k ++ for a finished dog. I'm guessing closer to 18k++++. a puppy at 8 weeks will run 2500 to 3000 if they will even sell you one. Raney does good work, i have hunted over a few of his pups.

Do you want a started dog? They run 4+ for ff and bo. Much higher depending on how started you get. Lots of trial washouts that make epic hunting dogs can be had. There is a fb group dedicated to started trials labs but you will have to travel to get it. I got chip from south Dakota last nov. He was the deal of a life time. Same guy has another started dog ready to go now but its a black. (i didn't think people hunted with brown labs)

10k ++ for a finished dog. I'm guessing closer to 18k++++. a puppy at 8 weeks will run 2500 to 3000 if they will even sell you one. Raney does good work, i have hunted over a few of his pups.

. Same guy has another started dog ready to go now but its a black. (i didn't think people hunted with brown labs)

Scott,

Don't listen to this guy...He's the leader of BLM (Black Labs Matter)…. :joy:

ps...Them choc labs do hunt...Jaeger is a 100 lb beast...Will run faster than a speeding pheasant, more powerful than a 7.5 diesel, and can leap tall tulies with a single bound...Great watch dog and as gentle as a lamb...:heart:

.003.JPG

sure 100lbs with that 2.3 bird average at wooster. Try shooting limits for 7 guys at plaster city, he will be tapping out faster then hulk hogan at a mma match.

sure 100lbs with that 2.3 bird average at wooster. Try shooting limits for 7 guys at plaster city, he will be tapping out faster then hulk hogan at a mma match.
Plaster City man that's where it's at for sure.

One thing I've learned is , one does not critcize or challenge a mans dog.

I'm sure your intentions are good.

Steve,

That's how my Charlie was. She was fast strong loyal and a great watchdog. I would post pictures of her but I don't have any because they're on my old computer and I can't seem to get them off

Back