Quick story for u fellas..

BowHuntinCali

Jun 14, 2012
Azusa,CA
Ok so,hung a set Friday late afternoon scouted the area Thursday.area openins saturday mrning I'm in my stand by 5:30(super scared)lol bout 7:30 a truck pulls In to where my buddy had parked. I thought nuthing of it?never heard a door shut or voices.but this is common in my area...anywho 15 mins later I hear branches brake In the distance I figuered it was an animal crossing?NOPE.its homeboy walking in at full force straight to me lol.it was till he was 13 yards In front of me when he realized...ohh there is someone hunting here?!?!!? He asked,do u want me to leave??i just nawed yes.he said sry made way to his truck and left! I dnt blame the guy tho..that just showed how sick of a spot I hung my stand in cus he looked up at me 4 times and never seen mee!!!!!!haha happy hunting fellas..

Great stand and camo job - but did you see any game?

Sounds like the guy was cool for leaving. Saying that it only takes 15 to hike in sign me up.

You're lucky he's kind enough to leave. Usually I get the guys who show up late, slam doors, talk loudly, and then set up right near u. Its like you've got the whole forest and u want to be right next to me.

SurfNHuntSD said:
You're lucky he's kind enough to leave. Usually I get the guys who show up late, slam doors, talk loudly, and then set up right near u. Its like you've got the whole forest and u want to be right next to me.
Yeah or if you are in a canyon they might start shooting right over your head at God knows what down in the canyon beyond you. That happened to me last year. Same thing: slamming doors, yelling to each other... Posted a spotter in the middle and shooters to either side about 200 feet above me. I put on all the blaze orange I had and crept out, keeping the ridge between me and them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu