Quiet out in D16 this morning.

OnTwoWheels89

Aug 26, 2022
I am a new hunter, started three years ago and am glad to be able to get out in the woods and learn as much as I can each time! Had a few hours to hunt this morning before getting back to the family. Saw two does at about 8:15am and nothing else. Didn't hear any shots. Between a weeklong hunt in D8 and three quick strike day hunts in D16, I have seen 17 does and 3 bucks this fall, but haven't been able to put anything on the ground. I have one more chance to fill my tag later this week.
Two weeks ago I heard a ton of early morning shots, so I know some of you are finding success!

The rut is about 3 months long in the "16"...Apparently though, many of the does have been bred...Things have really slowed down...Even on the "C"........ ;)

ps....The best 40 acres in SD is supporting a nice 3x3...Still hoping Stef may get out...Babies and all......:heart:

010.JPG

I am a new hunter, started three years ago and am glad to be able to get out in the woods and learn as much as I can each time! Had a few hours to hunt this morning before getting back to the family. Saw two does at about 8:15am and nothing else. Didn't hear any shots. Between a weeklong hunt in D8 and three quick strike day hunts in D16, I have seen 17 does and 3 bucks this fall, but haven't been able to put anything on the ground. I have one more chance to fill my tag later this week.
Two weeks ago I heard a ton of early morning shots, so I know some of you are finding success!
Where do you live since your hunting very close to me?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu