Quiet out in D16 this morning.

I am a new hunter, started three years ago and am glad to be able to get out in the woods and learn as much as I can each time! Had a few hours to hunt this morning before getting back to the family. Saw two does at about 8:15am and nothing else. Didn't hear any shots. Between a weeklong hunt in D8 and three quick strike day hunts in D16, I have seen 17 does and 3 bucks this fall, but haven't been able to put anything on the ground. I have one more chance to fill my tag later this week.
Two weeks ago I heard a ton of early morning shots, so I know some of you are finding success!

The rut is about 3 months long in the "16"...Apparently though, many of the does have been bred...Things have really slowed down...Even on the "C"........ ;)

ps....The best 40 acres in SD is supporting a nice 3x3...Still hoping Stef may get out...Babies and all......:heart:

010.JPG

I am a new hunter, started three years ago and am glad to be able to get out in the woods and learn as much as I can each time! Had a few hours to hunt this morning before getting back to the family. Saw two does at about 8:15am and nothing else. Didn't hear any shots. Between a weeklong hunt in D8 and three quick strike day hunts in D16, I have seen 17 does and 3 bucks this fall, but haven't been able to put anything on the ground. I have one more chance to fill my tag later this week.
Two weeks ago I heard a ton of early morning shots, so I know some of you are finding success!
Where do you live since your hunting very close to me?

Back