Range Finder Archery

Camo_Man

Jan 18, 2015
Couldn't find any posts on range finders for archery. I'm getting ready for a backpack hunt in August for A17 and thinking about getting a range finder. This will be my first archery and backpack hunt in this area. I don't have time to get out in the field to really hone in my visual distance estimating. Think I need a range finder that adjusts for uphill/downhill shots. Any suggestions?

I have the Leupold RX-full draw. I had it for a couple years, then it just stopped working. I contacted Leupold and they sent me a brand new one. I don't what the deal was, I took great care of it and it just died I guess. Other then that it is a great range finder. It has true range up to 150 yards down/up hill and I've ranged stuff out to 700 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gifted a leupold 1200i tbr. Love it, has an archery setting

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Asrcpp223 said:
I was gifted a leupold 1200i tbr. Love it, has an archery setting

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I like my Leupold (1000i) TBR too. Lightweight and compact, 6x mag on the lens is just right for most ranging but it has a small obective and narrow FOV so you need to use good technique (keep your eye on the target and bring the range finder up to your face). It has multiple settings/options which are easy to navigate and there is a weatherproof card with clear instructions in case you forget how to set the preferences. There is a "last target" setting which is great in heavy cover, but that setting is not a good default because in the open, distance readings can be unreliable if your hand isn't perfectly steady. Price is around $300.

I pretty much hunt nothing without my Nikon (550) rangefinder.......Before that, I used the Bushnell Yardage Pro.....Seem to do just find till my buddy drove over it one morning going turkey hunting...... :-[

I love my vortex optics rangefinder. Compensates for incline/decline, or you can set it for true a to b distance. Also has a constant reading setting, so you can slowly scan an area and get different range readings in real time.

I have the bushnell 1200 ARC no issues over 4 years except when the battery is dead. It gives the angle out to 100yds......I keep it on bow mode all the time and have never put the rifle dope......

Always a good idea to have the ARC when you bow hunting steep country......

Good luck with your tag!

Thanks everyone! Sounds like no substantial negative reviews on any of them. Guess personal preference / $ will be my guide.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu