Rat race

kmundia14

Apr 16, 2013
This dang desk job is really getting in the way of me hitting the hills and fields. Starting to get a little stir crazy.

For 25 years, I took my vacation one day at a time (Wednesday) during hunting season......4 day work weeks and got to hunt during the week-days....... ;D

We also had a policy after 35 sick days, you would lose them.......A few of those were mixed in too......... ;)

we all have a day job bro! some of us even have nights jobs. its a bitch to get out but you got to go. Late after work or waking up at 0 dark 30 on a sat after working your ass off all week

I have a desk job & I drive to F N much back & forth to work
Hurts big time. + I have work to much OT. + driving I put in 12 hour days sometimes. :eek:
OK enough whining on my part.

Ghost

Wish I was retired would be hunting everyday! Work in San Diego and have a 45 minute commute but at least i got the weekends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been giving some serious thought to taking a page from Sprig's book. My kids are grown and Saturdays aren't in demand like they used to be. I'm looking at working Saturdays and taking Wednesdays off during hunting season. In the process of working out the details. If not this year, then next year for sure. 8)

Week days arnt any good to hunt stick to weekends. As for that job thing uggg. I had to change my oil in 2 weeks and 3 days or something. Some know but I commute a little farther than most

Like aeon said go. The way I look at it is I have a better chance at anything on a 45 min walk the I do at home.

Sdbirds said:
Week days arnt any good to hunt stick to weekends. As for that job thing uggg. I had to change my oil in 2 weeks and 3 days or something. Some know but I commute a little farther than most

Like aeon said go. The way I look at it is I have a better chance at anything on a 45 min walk the I do at home.
Yup

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu