Rattle Snake Immunizations/Antivenom Locations

Cgruwell05

Oct 11, 2014
Escondido
Hey Guys,
Do you know where I can get a list of vets that offer Rattlesnake Immunization shots? Also, locations where he could get antivenom if he does get hit? I live in North San Diego County. He has already been trained with High on Kennels but I will be doing another class soon. Always got to be prepared in the back country.

Thanks.

IM not from the south so i have no idea where but its a great thing to have. i do have the vets in the IV incase something happens down there. I got my rattle snake shots from my vet for 20 a piece. 2 the first time a few weeks apart.

Sevier R Michael DVM
4055 Bonita Rd, Bonita, CA 91902
(619) 479-3311

We have been going to Dr. Sevier for 30+ years. My three Munsterlanders get the snake vaccination and also do the avoidance training with Fred at High on Kennels (highonkennels.com).

In fact they are all due to go back and see Fred soon.

I use these guys 22 out the door done by a vet if that makes a difference. Some dogs can't take it so watch them and the injection site could lump up after a few days this is normal

http://www.petnetwork.us

As far as anti venom you can't buy it, is very expensive and has a short shelf life.

One thing you should do if it she does get bit Benadryl and a epsilon & baking soda paste or.......I haven't tried this, but an Indian remedy of bacon grease, cornmeal, bloodroot & black cohosh tincture paste shave the hair off the bite mark and wrap this up with a bandage and keep her calm. I've had my dog get hit in the foot and a lab get hit in the chest both lived neither got venom in their blood stream or muscle tissue but the snakes mouth carries a lot of bacteria so an antibiotic like fish Zole helps in the healing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu