Really itching for a bow

xjixta

Nov 10, 2014
Pacoima, CA
So here's the story. I went with a friend of mine to the Conejo Valley Archery Range set up in Simi Valley out by where I live. Immediately had an itch to keep going (which I haven't). You can rent a bow and get some tips for $5 saturday mornings which is great I think. Anyways it was a traditional bow and now I have the itch. I'm looking to head to a bow shop and the closest ones to me are Oak Tree, Hi-Tech Archery, and Archery Outpost. (order in closest to furthest). Aside from Oak Tree, does anybody have any experience with Hi-Tech or Archery Outpost? While I know everybody is going to go to suggest going to Bow n Arrow, that's a 3 hour drive one way and I'd rather avoid it. I wanted to hunt with a traditional bow, but I could be swayed to go with a compound. I know very little, if anything at all. I shot a traditional bow at the range.

Any tips and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ixta

I'm. In the same boat as you sort of. I grew up shooting long bows/recurves growing up and competed some. Now 20years later I'm in search if a great deal on a good compound. Personally if only hunt with a compound for all the reasons but that's a personal preference. I live near you 118 area and frequent Simi Valley almost daily. I love to shoot at oak tree but hate the pro shop but haven't been to the archery shop yet. As far as the others can't say Do I'm really no help just know I'm with yea on wanting a bow for hunting.

GSPman said:
I'm. In the same boat as you sort of. I grew up shooting long bows/recurves growing up and competed some. Now 20years later I'm in search if a great deal on a good compound. Personally if only hunt with a compound for all the reasons but that's a personal preference. I live near you 118 area and frequent Simi Valley almost daily. I love to shoot at oak tree but hate the pro shop but haven't been to the archery shop yet. As far as the others can't say Do I'm really no help just know I'm with yea on wanting a bow for hunting.

Yeah thanks Devin. We should head out to the Conejo Valley Archers next weekend. Pretty cool little place off of the tapo canyon exit.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu