Recently discovered SCH

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Not sure why I wasn't aware of SCH until recently, but I joined and have been gleaning some good info and reading some entertaining reports. Lifetime OC resident, I've always loved the outdoors, fishing and hunting. Shot a wild boar for my 30th birthday (quite a while ago now!), otherwise, I've only chased small critters. Not really a gun nut, just love being in the open space and stalking or stirring up wild game. Dove, rabbits, quail, basic stuff. I've tried predator calling locally in the CNF but have not been successful. Would like to get a coyote and bobcat if anyone wants to show a newbie the ropes on a trip. Chukar are on my list for next season, thinking all this rain might result in a rebounded population.

Good Luck Everyone
Kevin

Reactions: Bonejour
Welcome and can't wait to see your reports as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I am going to go out on a limb and say you may have picked a good year to pick up Chukar hunting.

It was a wet year like this 10 or 15 year ago when you didn't have to climb the hills to kill them. They were in the flats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kevin,

Welcome to SCH......Like Nick said, with the slight rebound on chukar recruitment last year and good green up this spring.....Chukar numbers could be in the bottom lands.

Welcome and can't wait to see your reports as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I jumped the "gun" and posted a couple of reports before taking the time to introduce myself on the Newbie board. Guess I'm out of the closet now, so to speak.

Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu