Reloading Shotshells 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Just received this from a friend that's into reloading shotshells.......I used to be totally into it......Bought dove loads last year at Waldo World 5 bucks a box......Frank out at Wister is selling them for $50.00 a case right now too......I guess this is why I stopped reloading.

Attachments

• SHOTSHELL RELOADING COST 1-15.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 47
The only reason I reload 12 ga is because you cant buy what I need for POT shooting, and I can reload my 28 ga and 410 ga for 30% of new ones. For the average shooter no need to even consider it but for high volume shooters of sub gauges who want quality shells still makes sense.

thank God I still have a lot of components, several yrs ago got in on a group buy on shot and still have a lot left, got wads coming out my ears, always keep plenty of powder on hand and I have a garbage bag full of Rem STS shells so yeah I'm set for awhile. But as for reloading I just enjoy rolling my own, probably why I have so much stuff.

We actually stopped reloading shot shells this year as well. It was nice though we worked up a great 1.25oz load of 7.5shot for dove that had a great really wide and fast patern. But we also gave into Wally's boxes for 5-5.50 a box.

What was left out of this cost analysis was the cost of the hulls.......AA's are going for about 9 cents each........Wow!........I still have 100's of once fired paper Federals. Gave all my AA's away.... :eek:

.http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Winchester-AA-HS-gray-12ga-275-once-fired-100_bag/productinfo/AABW12S1/

That's great until the lead-free ban makes all the lead trash.

I am investigating loading non-toxic and also trying to talk a non-toxic bullet maker into making bird shot. Currently non toxic is about 4 times the cost of lead. Thank Barnes for lying about how available non toxic is.

Back