REMINDER: leftover premium tags

SD Mike

Proud member of BH&A, RMEF and NWTF.
Feb 25, 2015
San Diego
Leftover premium deer tags will be available on DFW license sales website on July 2nd at 8am. If you're like me and were only blessed with preference points for the initial draw, this is a great opportunity to get into some potential good ungulate country away from home. Cheers and good luck!

Here's the latest of what's left................ ;)

.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnrm.dfg.ca.gov%2FFileHandler.ashx%3FDocumentID%3D30896&ei=szSTVeGDGoe0ggTzuIHoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHSc0mPD09SznhHQfGVT1mFZU1LCg&sig2=VnjyzvfAYKpOHCcvK2k3Rw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.eXY

Looks like A22s are still up for grabs. I'm going to try for a D9 and pick up a bear tag along with it. I may not have got the GSGS bear hunt at the bbq, but I can make my own... :p

The way I read this is I can't buy a D-16 because I already have a restricted tag (A-22) on Thursday......Dang this thing is confusing...... :-[

.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnrm.dfg.ca.gov%2FFileHandler.ashx%3FDocumentID%3D30896&ei=szSTVeGDGoe0ggTzuIHoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHSc0mPD09SznhHQfGVT1mFZU1LCg&sig2=VnjyzvfAYKpOHCcvK2k3Rw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.eXY

Just read it again.......I think it says I can't buy a restricted tag or premium tag, if I already have one. Which I do (A-22)....I don't think D-16 falls into that category.....Although, if that's the case. Why was I turned down, when I went to buy another D-16 recently?........... ::)

Same reason you got a 2014 duck stamp this season: less than 100% effort in communication on the part of those responsible for providing front line information to us, the consumers of their product.

ilovesprig said:
Just read it again.......I think it says I can't buy a restricted tag or premium tag, if I already have one. Which I do (A-22)....I don't think D-16 falls into that category.....Although, if that's the case. Why was I turned down, when I went to buy another D-16 recently?........... ::)
I believe that D16 remains restricted till August 2, and so is off limits for you due to your A22... Until Aug 2. Any D16's left at that time become unrestricted. That's how I read the regs.

Bonejour said:
ilovesprig said:
I believe that D16 remains restricted till August 2, and so is off limits for you due to your A22... Until Aug 2. Any D16's left at that time become unrestricted. That's how I read the regs.

Thanks, Don

From page 18 of the 2015 big game hunting digest:
RESTRICTED DEER HUNTS are any hunt that filled on or before the first business day after August 1 of the previ-ous year. Restricted deer hunt tags may be issued upon the purchase of a First-Deer Tag. Second-Deer Tag applicants may also obtain a restricted deer hunt tag at any time, if you do not have a pending drawing application, have not been issued a premium deer hunt tag or restricted deer hunt tag as a First- Deer Tag. Restricted tags are issued upon request until the tag quota for the hunt is filled. Restrictions are in effect until the first business day after August 1. After that date, any remain- ing tags for these hunts will be issued as if the hunts were Unrestricted.Restricted Deer Tags for 2015 are:Area-Specific Archery Hunts: A19 (in 2014, A19 was an unre-stricted tag;UNRESTRICTED DEER HUNTS are any hunt that did not fill on or before the first business day after August 1, in the previous year. Unrestricted deer hunt tags are issued upon the pur- chase of either a First-Deer Tag or Second-Deer Tag.Unrestricted Deer Tags for 2015 are:Archery Only Hunt: AOGeneral Hunt Zones: A, B, D3-5, D7, D8, D10, D11, D13,

Good Gawd!!!......I read another section that also states that D-16 can NOT be purchased July 2nd, if you already have a premium or restricted tag..... :-[

ilovesprig said:
Good Gawd!!!......I read another section that also states that D-16 can NOT be purchased July 2nd, if you already have a premium or restricted tag..... :-[
Correct. You have to wait till it becomes unrestricted, which would be Aug 2 if any are left.

MJB said:
Didn't we go through this last year?
Haha I know right. This year I thought D-16 was supposed to go back unrestricted, but like many others I was surprised on the draw app to find it restricted again. So I guess I'll be happy with my A-22 and wait til Aug 2nd for my D-16 OTC.

SurfNHuntSD said:
MJB said:
Didn't we go through this last year?
Haha I know right. This year I thought D-16 was supposed to go back unrestricted, but like many others I was surprised on the draw app to find it restricted again. So I guess I'll be happy with my A-22 and wait til Aug 2nd for my D-16 OTC.

Exactly...............It was declared early on that D-16 was UNRESTRICTED.............What a joke!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu