Reservation question.

duck-boy

I never get reservations so I can't remember the answer to this question.

When they start to call out reservations at Wis, Jac or Kern, do they start with Handicap reservations first? That way if there are open handicap spots the regular reservation holder can take if they have a handicap hunter with them.
Or do they call regular reservations first then handicap and then lottery?

Ron, as Skeet said, they start with handicap reservations first. If there are any handicap sites left after that then then they will do a quick non-reservation drawing for handicap hunters.

If you have a regular resevation & are hunting with a handicap hunter & want to hunt a handicap blind, your best bet to get in on one of those blinds is the scenario above.

If you aren't hunting with a handicap hunter but want to hunt a handicap blind I'm pretty sure that's possible after all handicap hunters have made their picks & as long as there's still one available for walk-ons. This is the only way your regular reservation may help you get into one of those blinds, otherwise having a regular reservation & a handicap hunter with you gives you no priorities.

I might be wrong but I think they hold the "Mobility Impaired" (current PC name for handicapped blinds) until about 1 pm for any MI hunters that might show up to refill throughout the day. After 1 pm they'll give them out to anybody.

Thanks Matt,
Want to get my dad back out there but handicap is the only way it will happen. I just applied for some ADA reservations for him. Hopefully we will get a couple this season

Thanks for the offer Matt. He wants to hunt ADA. Maybe once I get him back out there we will evaluate.

Back