riverside county shooting map

You won't be shooting/hunting in that yellow-shaded area. Get a forest map. Cleveland National Forest west of the 15 freeway is good to go for hunting. Need to find a point of access though. Also, the mountains around Lake Hemet (San Bernardino National Forest, I believe). Find the boundaries of the deer zones.

Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear. (Not that there are Bears in there, just offering that info to be complete)

Last edited:
Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear.
Yeah, there is a lot of game near Riverside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting... the Rangers office never seemed to have a problem granting me my Overnight Wilderness permits to go into a certain part of that yellow shaded area expressly for hunting. Oh.. and the regs say within 150yds of a structure. Not 300yd. They do say 400yd away from a campsite though when hunting for Bear.

The county ordinance NO. 514 states the 300 yards for use of a rifle. Print them out and carry then in your pack just in case you need to reference them in the field, especially with Park Rangers/ Forest Service. They are normally the first to try and kick you out of an area.

A good part of that yellow are is zone D19 and can be hunted there are places around there people target shoot and the local LOE s permit it. I used to live in Hemet and know the area well. There is also an upland game area near lake skinner off davis road.

Yeah, there is a lot of game near Riverside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't know about a lot, but hey... there's enough that I've been able to find some each year. Such as the fine specimen in my Avatar.

Last edited:
Back