Rogers toughman

CuppedUp

Nov 28, 2019
Just ordered the uninsulated Rogers toughman breathables. I’ve got a buddy who has 1 season on his and loves them and I think I remember seeing posts on here where guys liked them. However, just looked up some reviews on other forums and guys are saying they’re trash...what’s the verdict on these for those who have tried them? My last pair of waders were a cheapo pair of breathable prolines that lasted me close to 6 years and served they’re purpose.

Reactions: ilovesprig
It seems all breathable's are suspect and can have bad reviews...I wouldn't worry about it.

ps....I have used Academy breathable's the last few years...Cheap, but have been OK...Just got some Cabela's for back-up.

Hopefully there not bad I bought a pair this year myself. My buddy is on his third year I believe on his

I have a pair. One season on them. No problems despite the boots being a little too roomy (thick wool socks helps this). They're fairly cheap so I don't expect them to last that long but would 100% rather have these instead of neoprene

curious if the inseam is decent. My only bitch about all the waders i try is the damn inseam. You short leg little people are good but damn i hate walking the 30' to my boat in waders that are for some 5' wee lil person.

curious if the inseam is decent. My only bitch about all the waders i try is the damn inseam. You short leg little people are good but damn i hate walking the 30' to my boat in waders that are for some 5' wee lil person.
Im 6' 2. Lots of room

Reactions: Aeon
It seems all breathable's are suspect and can have bad reviews...I wouldn't worry about it.

ps....I have used Academy breathable's the last few years...Cheap, but have been OK...Just got some Cabela's for back-up.
Just to extend this conversation a bit. If you read the reviews on the Cabela's breathables, everyone loves them out of the box. But the reviews that are over a year old are pretty bad. My dad used to wear the Cabela's breathables years ago, but quality in recent years appears to have gone downhill. Cabela's no longer has the "legendary lifetime guarantee" since the BPS merger. According to customer service chat I just had, no warranty on waders. Just a 60 day return policy. Any feedback on the Cabela's breathables?

I got the rogers 2-1 removable insulation breathables this year and am really likin them.
It got cold so i replaced the insulation. Love it.
But we will see how long they last because ive had problems getting a yr outta waders. As im hard on them.

Reactions: SJW
The Rogers ended up being sold out so I went with froggtogg grand refuge. From what I hear they are the exact wader but with a froggtogg match on them. So far i really like them. I’m 6’1, 200Lbs average build and had to get the slim waders which are perfect. I’m a size 11 and bought size 11 and ended up having to reorder a size 10 since they run big. I need to return the 11s if anyone wants to purchase them. I’ll be at Wister this sat and pretty much every Wednesday.

Just to extend this conversation a bit. If you read the reviews on the Cabela's breathables, everyone loves them out of the box. But the reviews that are over a year old are pretty bad. My dad used to wear the Cabela's breathables years ago, but quality in recent years appears to have gone downhill. Cabela's no longer has the "legendary lifetime guarantee" since the BPS merger. According to customer service chat I just had, no warranty on waders. Just a 60 day return policy. Any feedback on the Cabela's breathables?
I've had the same Cabelas breathables for about 6 years now with no issues, except that maybe I should've gotten a size down. I try hard to take good care of them, washing them with Woolite, Armor-All the boots, and hanging them after each use. I've still gotten no holes after all this time.

I bought these froggtogg in January and even though im barely 5'10" ,. I think you taller guys will be ok on the inseam....image.jpg

I had a pair of Cabela's breathable Instinct waders. The boots on the Instinct waders were awesome. The waders lasted almost five years. I should have tried to fix them when they had a leak in the seam. Instead I threw them away I bought a pair of Rogers 2 in 1 breathable waders. I am not happy with the waders and the boot at all. The boots slide off way too easy and I walk out of them all the time. The shoulder straps on the waders suck. They're too big and bulky seem to get in the way of me shouldering my shotgun. I really miss my Cabela's Instinct waders.

Make yourself some straps out of webbing that will figure 8 around the top and bottom of the boot so your foot won't slip out!

Reactions: just_ducky_1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu