Rope Knots

The Cow Hitch is used for tying onto a ring or a pintle hitch etc. and the taught line hitch is used when you need to adjust your length on the line under tension. Neither used for fishing. I like the simple cow hitch when tying off rope to drag etc.

The Cow Hitch is used for tying onto a ring or a pintle hitch etc. and the taught line hitch is used when you need to adjust your length on the line under tension. Neither used for fishing. I like the simple cow hitch when tying off rope to drag etc.

Ah, I gotcha! I thought you meant the San Diego jam wasn’t meant for fishing. I was like wait up! Haha

Unfortunately, fishing knots are all I really know. I need to expand my knot knowledge

Reactions: Dawnandusk
The cow hitch is the knot I use to tie a D loop on my bowstring... never knew it had a name. Ed F

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu