rough morning in D11.....

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
went out saturday morning to the chilao area of D11 with my 79 yr old hunting buddy..very high winds were blowing everything around but still decided to head into the woods..drove up a dirt sevice road to get to higher grounds so we could glass around..hunted there till about 10am..didn`t see any deer but alot of promising sign for the future...i think the high winds keep the deer down...on our way down the dirt road we came across a big dead tree in the road blocking the way...luckly it was very dry and cracked so we were able to push and pull it out of the way...got back in the truck covered in black ash and away we went until we came across another tree in the road...this one was alot bigger tho... i try to lift the top of the tree to see if it would break and it did...too fast tho...it sent me back flipping down into a revine...as i lay there like a beat up slug my friend comes over to the edge to see if i am ok..trips on the tree and rolls down to hill into a big poodle dog bush(these things are like poison ivy on steriods) we finally get up the revine get the tree moved and check for scraps and bruises, etc...we dusted ourselves off and decided to call it a day..thats it for my report....sore as heck still...

I must be missing something in the regs. What deer season is open in D11 right now? Archery closed Sept. 29th and Rifle opens up Oct. 12th.
Please advise.
Thanks.

Greenhead01 said:
I must be missing something in the regs. What deer season is open in D11 right now? Archery closed Sept. 29th and Rifle opens up Oct. 12th.
Please advise.
Thanks.

The A31 archery only tag is open there..

BuckHunter said:
Greenhead01 said:
Please advise.
Thanks.

The A31 archery only tag is open there..

Thanks, I've got to try for A31 next year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu