RPM 360 BY BOWTECH

I'd be hard pressed to buy a new bow considering what I already have. It looks cool but a lot of hype for 5 fps over the Insanity.I agree with that article I posted a couple days ago. When it comes to speed and shootability, I think bow technology has almost peaked.

Breacher said:
I'd be hard pressed to buy a new bow considering what I already have. It looks cool but a lot of hype for 5 fps over the Insanity.I agree with that article I posted a couple days ago. When it comes to speed and shootability, I think bow technology has almost peaked.

The new bows get a little better every year. With the small improvements that they make it takes a number of years before you realize they really are getting better. My martin that I bought in 1999 was rated at 325 fps.

http://www.martinarchery.com/bows1999/fur.htm

I still have it and it is still a really fast bow but shooting it next to my experience is night and day difference as far as the shoot ability. The experience is soooo much smooother to draw and dead in the hand compared to the fury that you have to work out for two weeks to draw back, and when you release it, hang on it's going to rattle you and sounds like a gun going off. But it was the very best bow on the market then and took a long time for the manufactures to improve on it.

Technology is peaked, but it was peaked then also.

Speed is over rated........now quietness, smooth pull and a bigger sweet spot is worth more in my book.

Every year I look at the new stuff but my switchback feels like an extension of my arm and I convince myself it's not that loud:)

MJB said:
Speed is over rated........now quietness, smooth pull and a bigger sweet spot is worth more in my book.

A few years ago I would have disagreed with you. I thought faster was better. A few animals later and I've learned 286 fps does the job just fine. :)

6" Brace height, this is not a forgiving shooter, you better be on with a bow like this. The only issue I have is when you increase the speed you seem to loose brace height???

CMPeterson said:
6" Brace height, this is not a forgiving shooter, you better be on with a bow like this. The only issue I have is when you increase the speed you seem to loose brace height???

Shorter brace height= Arrow stays on stringer longer which means its being pushed for a longer period of time which increases velocity.

I love reading threads like this one. Gonna start bow hunting at some point, but just watching and listening for now. Thanks guys for posting!

Meanwhile, I'm taking my Browning 30-06 for a visit w Neil at GSGS this weekend. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
I love reading threads like this one. Gonna start bow hunting at some point, but just watching and listening for now. Thanks guys for posting!

Meanwhile, I'm taking my Browning 30-06 for a visit w Neil at GSGS this weekend. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha have fun & good luck Bonejour, going for PIG?

CMPeterson said:
Which equals arrow not shoot straight.....
Arrow goes straight to where you point it. If you have any flaws in your form or grip a shorter brace height will expose it. But your only talking about an inch difference in brace height. If you can shoot a 7", then with a little practice and focus you should be able to get used to a 6". I bet a lot of guys don't give it enough time to get good with the 6". And after a few times out they get mad and blame the bow. And run back to there easier more forgiving bow. Ill take speed over ease of shooting any day. But that may change as I get older and My vision gets too bad and shoulder gets bad.( the vision is already hurting.) I wish I started bow hunting a lot sooner in life. I have been hunting most of my life,but only started bow hunting and deer hunting about 3 years ago. Im a total rookie when a big buck walks up. I feel like my head changes shape and I forget all my yardages. But There is a few guys on here like Lungpopper, Topbuck, and Sherpa.( and a few more in the get it done class) These guys might get alittle excited, but they calm right down and get it done time after time. So what Im saying is you find your perfect bow practice, practice, practice and when a really good buck walks in you can't shoot to save your ass.

Invisible man said:
CMPeterson said:
Arrow goes straight to where you point it. If you have any flaws in your form or grip a shorter brace height will expose it. But your only talking about an inch difference in brace height. If you can shoot a 7", then with a little practice and focus you should be able to get used to a 6". I bet a lot of guys don't give it enough time to get good with the 6". And after a few times out they get mad and blame the bow. And run back to there easier more forgiving bow. Ill take speed over ease of shooting any day. But that may change as I get older and My vision gets too bad and shoulder gets bad.( the vision is already hurting.)

Thanks again guys for the discussion. Invisible, how do you rate speed vs quiet?

I know I can shoot a 6" heck I could shoot a 5", I probably pull 200 arrows a week, my concern with it is when I am sitting in a tree and I have the buck of a lifetime at 60 yards and I let my nerves get the best of me a 300 fps bow will still get the job done no questions asked, but I may torque it a little and with the shorter brace at 60 yards that translates to a bad shot and possibly a miss. Just personal preference, and my preference is accuracy over speed.

Bonejour said:
Invisible man said:
CMPeterson said:
Arrow goes straight to where you point it. If you have any flaws in your form or grip a shorter brace height will expose it. But your only talking about an inch difference in brace height. If you can shoot a 7", then with a little practice and focus you should be able to get used to a 6". I bet a lot of guys don't give it enough time to get good with the 6". And after a few times out they get mad and blame the bow. And run back to there easier more forgiving bow. Ill take speed over ease of shooting any day. But that may change as I get older and My vision gets too bad and shoulder gets bad.( the vision is already hurting.)

Thanks again guys for the discussion. Invisible, how do you rate speed vs quiet?
I think most modern bows are very quiet, some more then others. But they are all quiet enough to be good in the woods. And if your shooting fast enough they won't hear it coming. A bunch of my buddies are shooting the Experience, and I am always impressed with how quiet they are. If you have to choose a new bow go with the one that feels the best in your hand when your shooting it, when your carrying it, when you just looking at it. And if you can't decide between a few bows then go for quietest one.

Invisible man said:
CMPeterson said:
Arrow goes straight to where you point it. If you have any flaws in your form or grip a shorter brace height will expose it. But your only talking about an inch difference in brace height. If you can shoot a 7", then with a little practice and focus you should be able to get used to a 6". I bet a lot of guys don't give it enough time to get good with the 6". And after a few times out they get mad and blame the bow. And run back to there easier more forgiving bow. Ill take speed over ease of shooting any day. But that may change as I get older and My vision gets too bad and shoulder gets bad.( the vision is already hurting.) I wish I started bow hunting a lot sooner in life. I have been hunting most of my life,but only started bow hunting and deer hunting about 3 years ago. Im a total rookie when a big buck walks up. I feel like my head changes shape and I forget all my yardages. But There is a few guys on here like Lungpopper, Topbuck, and Sherpa.( and a few more in the get it done class) These guys might get alittle excited, but they calm right down and get it done time after time. So what Im saying is you find your perfect bow practice, practice, practice and when a really good buck walks in you can't shoot to save your ass.
I've killed 8 deer the last 6 years and I still get a little buck fever lol but it has gotten better the last 2 years

I lost count, but in the last three four years 1 kill = 1 deer, blew the last 3years. as I grow older I tend to get more sloppy.
believe it or not, Training physical & mental is in order.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu