Rumor has it Josh popped two cherries today(pic added)

Re: Rumor has it Josh popped two cherries today

I think what Johnny meant was that I finally shot my first bobcat after trying for three seasons and the cat was a juvenile. Bobcat season opened on October 15th and this morning was my seventh attempt since the opener and I finally connected. Had a coyote come in at the one and a half minute mark and I let it go so that I wouldn't scare off a cat since that's what I was targeting. At the four minute mark a gray fox ran past me at only 7 feet away got to my caller and turned around and ran right back past me. Then at the seven minute mark I saw what I thought was another coyote looking directly at me so I pulled up the rangefinder and saw that it was a bobcat at 100 yards. The cat headed away from the Foxpro but parallel to me and I was afraid it was going to disappear into some heavy brush so I took the shot and dropped it in its tracks at the nine minute mark. I was starting to doubt myself and my ability as a predator caller because I was having so much difficulty putting a cat down but this morning made it all worth it. Cat was a small female(10.2lbs).

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    600.4 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg_thumb1.png
    image.jpg_thumb1.png
    936.8 KB · Views: 186

Lungpopper said:
Congrats on the cat Josh. What was the second cherry?

I don't know I think Johnny was just trying to be funny.

That's awesome, congrats! I've been calling for like 7 years and have only called in 3, that I know of...

Your a better caller then me. Congrats. Got a tip on a big one and it's cool you don't want to talk about that other thing.

One of the best predator hunters out there, got me into the sport
And taught me everything I know in predator hunting, you've worked
Your ass off last year and so far this year. You deserve this cat bro, cheers

BuckHunter said:
Well done. What sound did you use for the cat?

Started out with vole squeaks at low volume that after a few minutes switched to baby cotton tail at mid volume.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu