San Diego noob

Brewsky88

Nov 7, 2016
Hey everyone, my name is Bronson. I am currently active duty military and very experienced with firearms, but have never been hunting. My dad fulfilled my desire of having a lever action this year for my birthday in the form of a Marlin 336W, so I figure it's time I start learning and preparing for next year's hunt. Hopefully in the next month or so I can get some glass on it and really start dialing it in at the range.

At 28, I'm a bit of a late bloomer by some standards, but better late than never, right? I want to make sure that my daughter gets to experience the bond of going hunting with dad that I wasn't able to.

I will be taking care of my hunter safety course and license likely next month when work slows down for the holidays. While it would be nice to have a big buck mounted on the wall, my main focus is the meat, having the freezer well stocked with venison that my family and I can enjoy for months to come.

Welcome to SCH. My daughter hunts with me and there's no better hunting partner. Might want to look into getting a shotgun also.

Hey everyone, my name is Bronson. I am currently active duty military and very experienced with firearms, but have never been hunting. My dad fulfilled my desire of having a lever action this year for my birthday in the form of a Marlin 336W, so I figure it's time I start learning and preparing for next year's hunt. Hopefully in the next month or so I can get some glass on it and really start dialing it in at the range.

At 28, I'm a bit of a late bloomer by some standards, but better late than never, right? I want to make sure that my daughter gets to experience the bond of going hunting with dad that I wasn't able to.

I will be taking care of my hunter safety course and license likely next month when work slows down for the holidays. While it would be nice to have a big buck mounted on the wall, my main focus is the meat, having the freezer well stocked with venison that my family and I can enjoy for months to come.
Welcome and thank you for your service.

Bronson,

Welcome to SCH....Dive in with lots of questions and species that you would like to target (besides deer).

Thank you for your service.

Welcome Bronson. Where are you posted? There are some good resources on Camp Pendleton for active duty military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu