San Jacinto W.A. walk about...6-13-23

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Took a drive out to San J yesterday and to say it's green and lush, is an understatement.... :clap:

In fact, maybe too lush...The growth around the blinds, shooting zones, pathways is thick....Probably nothing a couple of good work parties with weed eaters can't take of though....I've never seen tulies and bulrush so high...8' for tulies and 3-4' on the bulrush....The timothy is growing like crazy and most the ponds I looked at were either newly irrigated or because of the rain, were still wet....Roads were muddy as well....All the blinds we walked to were in bad shape and will need work....I'm going to suggest that instead of mowing ALL the tulies....To removing (scraping) small patches of tulies to open up ponds for shooting and flying lanes for the birds....I think it will actually save money, man hours, and improve the hunts.

As most of you know, Mystic lake comes up to the back side of G-2, Marsh Z, Walker 3, 7, 10, 12....That means no Mystic blinds there (9, 10, 11 possibly)....There is space where Mystic 6, 7, & 8 were....There could also be blinds put west of 5....No need for a "Closed Zone" with the lake maxed out.

Lots and lots of drake mallards seen along with paired up cinnamons and gadwalls....Even saw a number of redheads....Seeing so many drakes means their hens either have ducklings or they're on nests somewhere.

Lots to be excited about................:blush:

IMG_0158 - Copy.JPGIMG_0152 - Copy.JPGIMG_0138 - Copy (2).JPGIMG_0148 - Copy.JPGIMG_0160 - Copy.JPGIMG_0142 - Copy.JPGIMG_0139 - Copy (2).JPGIMG_0145 - Copy.JPGIMG_0147.JPG

Last edited:
the flying lane is at 60 to 80 yards upward, probably be alot of lost cripples in the none mowed areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahidog
I guess when the SJ staff are done mowing the clubs, not sure why the public funding private clubs,going to be interesting with the new changes may need a few volunteer tractor operators

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu