Santa Ysabel Youth Turkey Hunt 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
OK guys with youth hunters........Had the meeting with the county folks today and all's a go for the 4th annual Santa Ysabel Youth Turkey Hunt......I'm this years chairman and can answer any questions you may have......The drawing for the event is March 7th......Youth hunter MUST have their hunter safety certificate or hunting license the day of the drawing (Ramona Senior Center).....We're back up to 20 kids.....10 Saturday & 10 on Sunday......Both parent/guardian and child must be members of NWTF. This covers our insurance requirement.

The day of the drawing also includes how to turkey call, safety, and turkey hunting seminar......Hope to see lots of kids this year.......Oh yeah, all kids get calls and the entire hunt and seminar are free...... :D

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    861.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • youth turkey opener 3-23-13 016.JPG
    youth turkey opener 3-23-13 016.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 71
  • youth turkey hunt 5-19-12 013.JPG
    youth turkey hunt 5-19-12 013.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 87
  • junior hunt 2011 007.JPG
    junior hunt 2011 007.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2015 mentor hunt flyer.pdf
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the info on this. I couldn't get the flyer to open. Do we need to sign the kids up before drawing in order to be in the drawing on the 7th?

Bowhunter_619 said:
Thanks for the info on this. I couldn't get the flyer to open. Do we need to sign the kids up before drawing in order to be in the drawing on the 7th?

Don't know what to say about the flyer.....No problem for me to open.

Yes, the child MUST be at the drawing March 7th with their hunting license......Check in is at 9:00 am. and closes at 10:30 am. The actual drawing is at 12 noon.

The NWTF Youth Mentored Hunt Seminar schedule is:

9am — Gates Open and Registration commences
10:30am — Registration Closes

10:30am — Wild Turkey History/Hunting Tactics
“Wild Turkey Calling and Hunting Tips”
Hunter Safety/Hunt Rules

12 Noon — Hunt Drawing

Thanks,

Steve

Dee,

Last year we had 2 sets of brothers & sisters that got drawn.....We can provide a guardian, if your wife would not want to go...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6529.JPG
    IMG_6529.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6531.JPG
    IMG_6531.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 77
Bowhunter_619 said:
Opens fine for me too. Anyone else having trouble opening?

Just a reminder that the drawing is this Saturday......Ramona Senior Center, 9:00 am.....Don't forget your hunting license.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
Here's a shout out to Steve for making the July/August NWTF magazine. Thanks brother for all you do.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439174795.006759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439174795.006759.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 43
Chris K said:
How do I join NWTF cause this looks really cool since im 14 would I qualify for the hunt?

Chris,

Yes, you do qualify.......Start watching the calendar here on SCH next spring........The drawing is normally around the 1st of March in Ramona......To become a member (Jake), all you have to do is go to our website.....sandiegoturkey.com......Follow the instructions.....I think it's like 10 bucks.

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwjV2bWet8LHAhUQT4gKHTabDxc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandiegoturkey.com%2F&ei=g23bVZWMJZCeoQS2tr64AQ&usg=AFQjCNFcOsnD57mOR22LiWGRJKjCg-G8Kw&sig2=gAPdyTIN6qPxATim6Jc3NA

I'm new to this site, and boy do I like it... My question is when is the Fall The NWTF Youth Mentored Hunt Seminar schedule for. My daughter and son went to this years spring drawing, and was successful on the draw, but not out in the field. They had a blast and would like to do it again and hopefully get their first gobbler. thanks

Steve,

We've never had a fall youth mentored turkey hunt, but we have had a fall hunt for kids at Lake Sutherland......Because of the low number of turkeys taken in the spring (1) and what seems to be a very average to poor spring recruiting year. We have canceled the fall turkey tune-up and the fall hunt itself......Our next event will be the Spring Turkey Tune-Up......Should be Feb. 20th, 2016.

The Santa Ysabel Youth Mentored Turkey hunt drawing should be in Ramona, March 5, 2016

20 kids get drawn and it is by far my favorite hunt of the year....Look forward to seeing you & your kids there... 8)

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    989.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    743.1 KB · Views: 48

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu