Scary moment Sunday eve

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Apr 19, 2011
Inland
Walking my dog home on a leash from a neighbors house and we get attacked by a pitbull that ran out of a house across the street. Bastard latched onto the side of my Gertie, she is screaming bloody ef'n murder all the while I am punching the crap out of this beast MMA style. It won't let go....30 seconds of this and it's owner finally succeeds in removing his dog from my Gerties side. Off to the Animal Hospital and $700 later...Wish I had been armed, but was in bathing suit and flip flops as we had been swimming our dogs. Animal control made a report and is dealing with the owners...I am after repayment! Wrenched my back also, guess I am no cage fighter...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132
you better stay on it with retribution, too many of these MFrs. get away with this S%@#&. This is exactly why they are pushing for owners to carry ins for dogs of this breed. Man I am mad for ya.

That is horrible Mike. My heart goes out to your Gertie.

Damn irresponsible dog owners!

So sorry to hear about this Mike. That is one lucky pitbull you weren't armed. I had one run out on me the other day going to a call. Those lame owners should pay dearly. Pray your dog heals well

Sorry to hear about that. I used to worry about something like this happening when I go run with my little boy. I stay in my community so I can get away with it, but I have a knife strapped to his jogger... It's very low profile so you can't tell it's there... anything comes at me in any threatening capacity you can guarantee I'm choosing my son's safety over the life of an animal.

Wow dude that is messed up. Hope animal control hammers the owner!

I'm sure your pup will heal up fast

Dang man , sorry to hear that! Dog like that a should be put down. If you loose time from work you should go after the owner for lost wages and legal fee's if they don't want to come out of pocket.

Did you ask animal control what is going to do about the dog that did this, or what generally happen's in classes like this?

stikbrandon said:
Dang man , sorry to hear that! Dog like that a should be put down. If you loose time from work you should go after the owner for lost wages and legal fee's if they don't want to come out of pocket.

Did you ask animal control what is going to do about the dog that did this, or what generally happen's in classes like this?

A report was made with ARO and since there have been two incidents, they can list the dog as a dangerous animal and force them to fortify their home. Because of this, if there is another incident, ARO can take the dog and euthanize it without a hearing.

Breacher said:
I wonder what pitbull taste like?

I hear it is good if soaked in an apple cider brine for 24 hours then slow smoked!

Bummer! :-[

As a pitbull owner I know what it takes to break up a really bad fight. Nothing makes you feel weaker than doing your best to stop something that cannot be beaten into submission, I'm a 6' 240lb weightlifter and I've had 55lb dogs take everything I could give. Next time(for anybody reading this) grab the pits back legs and lift them up in the air. It won't get the dog to break but it will stop any more major damage from occurring, without their back legs they can't get enough leverage to rip(usually). It's really a two person operation as you'll need somebody with a bite stick to get the jaws open. Not much else(besides a bullet) can stop one of these dogs.

If you were to knife the dog it might run away, or turn on you and rip you up. It's not going to let you saw it open without it turning on you and getting that arm.

Looking at the pics the damage isn't too bad, I've had much much worse between a father and son. You're dog will recover quickly, glad it's alright.

Pitbulls are not for everybody.

Huntndogs said:
Well said Mazilla....is that a wirehair in your avatar?

Yeah, that's Jake. He is almost four months now and is my first hunting dog...after about only a month I am really enjoying this breed and am super excited to finally own a bird dog!

How's your dog doing?

mazilla said:
Huntndogs said:

Yeah, that's Jake. He is almost four months now and is my first hunting dog...after about only a month I am really enjoying this breed and am super excited to finally own a bird dog!

He is kinda' like a hunting dog but with a beard. ;D

I hope your dog recovers quickly.

That really sucks.

I've seen good pits and bad and overall I'd have to say they're a screwed up breed. Wouldn't own one.

NBK said:
mazilla said:
Huntndogs said:

He is kinda' like a hunting dog but with a beard. ;D

So he could be considered a Robertson family hunting dog.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu