Scary moment Sunday eve

NBK said:
mazilla said:
Huntndogs said:
Well said Mazilla....is that a wirehair in your avatar?

Yeah, that's Jake. He is almost four months now and is my first hunting dog...after about only a month I am really enjoying this breed and am super excited to finally own a bird dog!

He is kinda' like a hunting dog but with a beard. ;D

Pup went in for surgery today, wound was just too deep to heal on its own. She will have a 5 to 7 inch scar on her side, but will heel up in a couple weeks now. We are going to look for a new pup after the new year, of course it will be a bearded bird dog.

Glad to hear Gertie is going to be fine. And congrats on getting a new Ugly dog! ;D ;D

The Gertie is sleeping it off....17 stitches, but it looks much better!

Not sure why the pics are upside down?

Attachments

• Girtie1.png
    Girtie1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • Girtie2.png
    Girtie2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Damn that sucks!

I second the break stick but I lift the tail if its a small dog and I have also hit them in the gut to let go.
No fun seeing a real dog fight especially when it's your dog. I had a APBT Ruby, she was a great family dog but when she grabbed onto pigs it was another mind set. But its not limited to pits, a buddy of mine had a huge GSP male that would try to kill other dogs some dogs just need to be put down.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this incident. I hope your dear Gertie recovers well.
Since that vicious animal remains in your neighborhood, I would flyer the homes informing people of the attack. The flyer might bring forth another family with knowledge of a previous incident that was never reported. Then maybe the dog could get removed. In any event, at least people would be aware of the danger.

GSP momma said:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this incident. I hope your dear Gertie recovers well.
Since that vicious animal remains in your neighborhood, I would flyer the homes informing people of the attack. The flyer might bring forth another family with knowledge of a previous incident that was never reported. Then maybe the dog could get removed. In any event, at least people would be aware of the danger.

We have been talking to all the regular dog walkers in da hood. It's fine with people, just not dogs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu