SCH in Alberta! Stay tuned for daily updated death toll...

John,

I see your still hunting out of layouts despite having haybales in the field.......I like shooting standing up and being able to shoot all directions. Especially if we don't having directional winds.

Love those multi specie shoots............... ;)

We like the layouts and make adjustments to the decoys and blinds as needed when the wind changes.

We received permission to hunt the field we were supposed to hunt today. It should be a great duck and goose hunt. We shall see in the morning.

Super fun morning with lots of ducks and geese. The scenery in the area we hunted was amazing. And it only gets better. Today is the Canadian Thanksgiving so we will be spending time with good friends, watching football and eating tons of great food!

Go Chargers!!!

Attachments

• in blind.jpg
    in blind.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • ibounty.jpg
    ibounty.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
We found an area that looks to have both ducks and geese again. It is another barley field. The farmers up here are very competitive regarding their equipment. The joke was: "you guys will have a better than average shoot, the field was harvested with a John Deer". Meaning there is a lot of grain on the ground. Apparently, Lenny likes his CATERPILLAR equipment.

We are looking forward to another great day of hunting and hanging out with friends.

And hat's off to Phillip Rivers and the Chargers...

The last day of our hunt, while we anticipated a knockout morning, it was just average from a numbers standpoint. The overall trip was spectacular. Our friends in Alberta treat us like family and it was awesome spending the Canadian Thanksgiving with them. They served Ukrainian food which was amazing - we were stuffed full the entire trip.

We hunted four days and experienced so many things. We saw moose, bear, whitetail, mule deer, ducks, geese, swan, beaver, coyote and more animals than I remember. The weather was spectacular as well.

We worked on the farm, we were part of the yearly cattle drive and we felt at home the whole trip. It is one of my favorites every year for sure. Below are a few more pictures of the farm, the cattle drive, the last day of the hunt, a mule deer and record book 213" whitetail our good friend Rob harvested and of course the largest mallard in the world. Can't wait until next year!

Attachments

• geese.jpg
    geese.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Farmhouse.jpg
    Farmhouse.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 25
  • kitchen window.jpg
    kitchen window.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • Cattle.jpg
    Cattle.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • mule.jpg
    mule.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
And the last few pics. We will do a cool video in the next 2-3 weeks.

Attachments

• White.jpg
    White.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Bigbird.jpg
    Bigbird.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
John,

Sounds like a great trip.......It's not always about the numbers. Just being up there is an amazing experience.

It is unbelievable how the Canadian people treat us "Americans". Our friends up there treat us as family as well.

Have a safe trip home. And I will be talking to you soon......... :D

ps.......WHAT A BUCK!

Epic hunt! It's beautiful out there. Canada waterfowl hunt just made it to the bucket list. Congrats! Now let's see some duck and goose recipes

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu