Scope rings

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
What's your favorite scope ring and base. Depends on the rifle but sometimes I'm fine with Talley and other times I go all out. I like to keep it to 2 screw caps don't think I need the extra clamping power of a 3 screw cap for a hunting rifle. I just ordered a new Night Force scope and I'm going to try some Hawkins Precision Hybrid rings. They have 25 MOA built into the set up and they are a one piece like a Talley so I don't need a pic rail.

long-range-hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 180ls1
I like NF and Talley rings, I have used Hawkins a with good success. I have heard some issues with them under recoil. But for general hunting and not competition I would not hesitate

If you are going for superlight look at the S&K one piece steel mounts. No way in the same class as mentioned before but for light weight mounts you will find nothing better. I have them on several of my carry rifles and they have never lost zero and I'm talking many years of carry.

I like it. Keep it simple, no need to add complexity, especially hunting. I have always had good luck with Talley also.

I have a set of 34mm vortex precision (made be seekins) rings in the classifieds

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu