Scope rings

Ofdscooby

What's your favorite scope ring and base. Depends on the rifle but sometimes I'm fine with Talley and other times I go all out. I like to keep it to 2 screw caps don't think I need the extra clamping power of a 3 screw cap for a hunting rifle. I just ordered a new Night Force scope and I'm going to try some Hawkins Precision Hybrid rings. They have 25 MOA built into the set up and they are a one piece like a Talley so I don't need a pic rail.

long-range-hybrid.jpg

Last edited:
I like NF and Talley rings, I have used Hawkins a with good success. I have heard some issues with them under recoil. But for general hunting and not competition I would not hesitate

If you are going for superlight look at the S&K one piece steel mounts. No way in the same class as mentioned before but for light weight mounts you will find nothing better. I have them on several of my carry rifles and they have never lost zero and I'm talking many years of carry.

I like it. Keep it simple, no need to add complexity, especially hunting. I have always had good luck with Talley also.

Back