Scouted, Hunted and Scored BIG!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
My first scouting trip payed off BIG! Went out to the hunting grounds tonight and came back with a puffy chest and game in hand! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• mousekill1.jpg
    mousekill1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • mousekill2.jpg
    mousekill2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
I'm guessing your next post will be in the food section. Mmm ::) I wonder what the recipe will be? :D

I was in my garage on Friday gathering up some dove gear and I saw mouse poop. I flipped out! Those little devils will eat your hunting clothing etc. So I went on a killing spree. I have got 2 so far...

It's funny how rewarding it feels when you get them. I've had gophers that I have been more excited about killing than deer. Well, does at least

You are right John. I could not wait to get home today to check my trap-line. And the killing spree continues! Below is victim #3 ;D

It sucks to be a mouse that likes peanut butter and molasses at my house!

Attachments

• kill3.jpg
    kill3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
None-the-less I will conquer! I just increased my trap-line to 5 traps.

Not a rodent expert but I know the first one I dispatched was a mouse. That last one did look like a rat but it was fairly small. Let's see what the morning brings and I will post my spoils!

Do you think the pelts are worth anything? ;)

Dude those things are nasty, I've been killing at my house too, I had a nest under the hood of my truck and my Rhino. Yeah I think you should mount one!

What kind of trap is that? It kind of looks like a toilet seat from hell. It obviously works well. I have to agree with topbuck they look like rats. You may be wiping out a whole litter.

I know a couple of carp connoisseurs that may have some good Asian family recipes for those little brown delicacies. Let us know once you have a bag limit and I'll see what I can do.

Top Buck and I just had a meeting and have confirmed that these are mice not rats. The trap-line has been strung with fresh bait and should produce by tomorrow. Unless I have already begun to thin the herd.

I'm thinking some mice earmuffs would go good in Canada this year!

Randomshot said:
I know a couple of carp connoisseurs that may have some good Asian family recipes for those little brown delicacies. Let us know once you have a bag limit and I'll see what I can do.
Yer killing me Jon

The sad thing is just like the saying there is a lot of truth said in jest I actually know a couple of guys who would probably cook them. These are guys that I call when I have undesirable meat that I don't want to throw away and yes they are willing to drive to my house to pick up sun baked carp.

Checked the trap-line tonight and no love. :(

Back