Scouting is paying off

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
So this is my 2nd season living down here and trying to find a spot. Lots of tight lipped people round here:) anyways, I've been scouting my butt off (lots of looking at maps and Google earth) and hanging a few cameras here and there. I find lots of other people's honey holes ( lots of tree stands) Finally got some good pix of a few deer and bucks. I know it's public land, but I've seen no other boot prints in this spot or any trash. It's one of those spots I think a bunch of other people would overlook and just walk right on by... Finally got myself a secret little honey hole that has deer showing up during daylight hours. ;)
It's a start...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 109
Good deal, looks like a real nice spot. You gotta love when your work pays off.

Love those trees. Deer and a great setting. Should be an enjoyable Fall season.

Thanks guys. Just nice to see a little payoff. Last year I didn't even see a deer out hunting. At least I know they're around. Now it's up to me and a little luck! Come on September already!

Looks like a great area. Nice pics as well. Should be an excellent season for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu