Scouting trip

G

Goyaałé

My days off are always hot for some reason. 90s hot. Jajajjajajja!! Spent some time scouting looking for spots to hang a couple stands. I did a total of 5 miles. It was hot!! I am game though. I put too much work in to get lazy now, and stay home and not continue my Chase. I was hot, thirsty, & hungry. Just like our ancestors were. I feel like that's when you are at your beat. Instinct kicks in. It drives me to push that extra mile. Climb that last ridge to find what I'm looking for. I try to push myself to well beyond the limit. I covered damn near every inch. Jajjajajjajajja!! I'm happy it did. Yesterday was a huge success for me. Visually, mentally, and spiritually. Saw lots of deer. Mainly does. One buck I think. Couldn't really tell they were in some thick brush hiding from the sun. Saw some Turkey as well. It was a great day!! I am so excited for this season. I hope I am blessed with a harvest.... Hope you all have a great day!!

.20180725_135321.jpg20180725_132629.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@longbowhunter2 thank you. I've putting in work for this season. I feel like I have a good chance at harvesting a deer. I'll be going out again in a couple weeks. Been working hard. It has paid off. I have read so much about deer and deer hunting, but nothing compares to being out in the field. I feel even if I don't harvest this year. It will still be a successful season. I enjoy all of it. I really enjoy the scouting. I learn a lot from it. I also learn a lot about my self as well.

That’s the way to get it done. Most guys just rely on their game cameras. It good to know what’s there but i personally think you don’t learn what they actually do when the pressure hits. And I suck at using cameras so I just hike and glass areas lol.

Reactions: Goyaałé
That’s the way to get it done. Most guys just rely on their game cameras. It good to know what’s there but i personally think you don’t learn what they actually do when the pressure hits. And I suck at using cameras so I just hike and glass areas lol.

Juan,

You need some cams....Funnest part is just seeing what's moving around at night and in the area in general....I love those things....lol

.747.JPG750.JPG

Reactions: oscar and Goyaałé
Nothing was more frustrating to see tons of deer on my cameras, yet nothing moving during the day on weekends. LOL. On my usual spots on public land. Missed couple of shots because I choked. Still get the shakes from buck fever. Archery of course.

I suck using them Steve lol. I just get pictures of sceneries. When I glass with my binos I see way more deer. Even in the hottest part of the day. Just gotta glass into pockets of shade. But I wish I could just get pictures to look at but I feel like it’s to much effort for pictures when I can be out there catching them on film

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu