SD Newb

SDBowrangler

Hi everyone! My name is Jared I live/work in SD, like to play outdoors as much as my schedule allows (camping, hiking mostly), and as my username implies I have an 11yo GS mutt named Bo (NOT a hunting dog). Just wanted to re-introduce myself here, I had posted a thread in the newbie den a few years back asking about shed hunting in SD and I thank those of you who were kind enough to take the time to reply. I haven't been hunting in SD at all, although this year I have been hiking around Laguna and Cleveland NF just about every free weekend I get. It feels great to get back to the outdoors, and to be fortunate enough to now have a job that allows me time off to do so is a huge plus. I still return back to the east coast once or twice a year when I can and attempt to fill the freezer (whitetail bow hunts) but that is the extent of my hunting as of life right now. Anyway, I'm thinking of buying a bow so I can start shooting out here (Morley Field is right down the street from me) and heard that there's a pretty good archery shop out in Lakeside. Aside from all that, If anyone would like to hike/scout around the National Forest feel free to reply to this or PM me.

Welcome Jared to SCH...The shop you're referring to is The Bow & Arrow Shop...Ask for Bruce.

ps...There's a SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up March 6th at Lake Henshaw...It's a great time and will show you an entirely different area of D-16 (A-22)...CNF will be there and you can ask questions directly to them.

.002.JPG

Welcome Jared to SCH...The shop you're referring to is The Bow & Arrow Shop...Ask for Bruce.

ps...There's a SoCal Spring Turkey Tune-Up March 6th at Lake Henshaw...It's a great time and will show you an entirely different area of D-16 (A-22)...CNF will be there and you can ask questions directly to them.

.View attachment 47935
Thanks! I dont know much about turkeys but it sure sounds like a great place to start, I will try and round up some friends and come up! Also, I went to the Bow N Arrow shop today and big thanks to all those guys over there especially Dave for helping me pick out a new bow. What an awesome shop, very glad I was able to meet those guys.

Thanks! I dont know much about turkeys but it sure sounds like a great place to start, I will try and round up some friends and come up! Also, I went to the Bow N Arrow shop today and big thanks to all those guys over there especially Dave for helping me pick out a new bow. What an awesome shop, very glad I was able to meet those guys.
Best bow shop in town!

Back