Seeking Hunting Partner(s): SoCal Hunter Ready for Adventures In and Out of State

DLLM

Oct 31, 2023
What's up everyone!

I'm a Socal Native on the hunt for a dedicated hunting partner. My adventures won't be limited to just SoCal; I'm game for out of state hunts if you're up for the challenge as well.

My aim is to team up with a local enthusiast willing to roll up their sleeves during the off-season. I'm in it for the long haul, seeking like-minded hunters who share my passion for the hunting scene. I'm looking for someone with moderate experience, resources, and the time to pursue this journey together.

My primary weapon of choice is Rifle. But I am not opposed to Archery but will need much more time to develop my skill set.
My sights are set on big game, particularly black bear, deer, and elk, in no specific order. If lady luck ever deciders to bless me, I'd love to add caribou, moose, antelope, and sheep to a future hunt.

As far as preferences go, I am always open to any type of setup. Be it, Overland or backpacking in to our designated base camp.

If any of this sounds interesting, drop me a message and let's work on our next hunting expedition together.

Welcome to SCH...:yum

Depending on where you live...You may want to attend a NWTF meeting...Despite being a turkey hunting conservation group...We all hunt (& fish) for multiple species.... ;)

Welcome to SCH...:yum

Depending on where you live...You may want to attend a NWTF meeting...Despite being a turkey hunting conservation group...We all hunt (& fish) for multiple species.... ;)
Thanks for the warm welcome! Turkeys and I dont get along. The gobble gobble gets me busted every time because I cant help but to laugh.

I'm close by in the OC but wouldn't mind making the trek down.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Thanks for the warm welcome! Turkeys and I dont get along. The gobble gobble gets me busted every time because I cant help but to laugh.

I'm close by in the OC but wouldn't mind making the trek down.
I'm on N OC, and try to make the meetings for the NWTF SD. I've missed the last couple of months, but it's a great group of guys.
Do you hunt waterfowl?

I'm on N OC, and try to make the meetings for the NWTF SD. I've missed the last couple of months, but it's a great group of guys.
Do you hunt waterfowl?
Sounds like a great community; however, I'm not a big fan of hunting birds. Time is tight so I typically prioritize that time for big game.

Reactions: Zak and M4A1
Sounds like a great community; however, I'm not a big fan of hunting birds. Time is tight so I typically prioritize that time for big game.
Like Ilovesprig said, even though it is a NWTF meeting, the guys there all hunt a verity of game animals, deer, pigs, elk, even a coyote now and then. Larry even eats them. It would be a good place to meet other hunters.

If you want to havest game in the west you will do much better hunting fowl and small game as opportunities are far more plentiful, In this state the havest rate on big game is in single digit percentiles and you will need to enter a lottery draw and out of state you will also need to enter a draw and for the most part will wait many years before you draw a tag if at all. You might want to do some research and understand the odds of harvesting the big game you desire. Get a subsriiption to Huntin Fool or other big game hunting subscriptions as they publish stats in zones in western states as well as draw odds and quality of trophy harvested.

Best thing to do right now that only costs you gas and boot leather is pick some zones and go start looking around with a bottle of water, good boots and a set of binos. Hunting buddies are cultivated just like friends you have come to know over time.

If you want to havest game in the west you will do much better hunting fowl and small game as opportunities are far more plentiful, In this state the havest rate on big game is in single digit percentiles and you will need to enter a lottery draw and out of state you will also need to enter a draw and for the most part will wait many years before you draw a tag if at all. You might want to do some research and understand the odds of harvesting the big game you desire. Get a subsriiption to Huntin Fool or other big game hunting subscriptions as they publish stats in zones in western states as well as draw odds and quality of trophy harvested.

Best thing to do right now that only costs you gas and boot leather is pick some zones and go start looking around with a bottle of water, good boots and a set of binos. Hunting buddies are cultivated just like friends you have come to know over time.

I'm well aware of the game odds in California - which is why I've only ever hunted out of state and invested in points out of state - especially when it comes to draw odds and CA's point system. My interest in exploring CA goes beyond just the odds and statistics. For me it's about the thrill of the chase, the anticipation, and the adventure, and now connecting with like minded individuals.

PS: Stats for deer/bear in CA are actively available through DFW or through point management via Gohunt for those who also pursue out of state hunts.

Reactions: Barret Strate
I totally agree with you DLLM. Especially Duck Hunting! Hate that crap! In all honesty I don't get a chance to "big game" hunt because, like yourself, my time is tight also. Good thing about bird hunting here is that it can be done on a Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday and you can be home the same day if you choose to. There's been times when my drive was longer than my time spent hunting. Sometimes this was because hunting was great other times it was terrible and other times I just had to be home for something.

I'm well aware of the game odds in California - which is why I've only ever hunted out of state and invested in points out of state - especially when it comes to draw odds and CA's point system. My interest in exploring CA goes beyond just the odds and statistics. For me it's about the thrill of the chase, the anticipation, and the adventure, and now connecting with like minded individuals.

PS: Stats for deer/bear in CA are actively available through DFW or through point management via Gohunt for those who also pursue out of state hunts.
Glad to hear you know what you are up against. Good Luck !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu