She Gone

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
One day a week my boys put in an 8 hour day at Tru-Duct. One of the benefits of home schooling is we actually get to teach them real life lessons like work ethic etc. They get up at 4:30 make their lunches and are in the truck by 5:15 or I leave them. Well it’s deer season so I told them to also pack their rifles, packs, and a change of clothes so we can try and squeeze an evening hunt.

I didn’t get out of the office until late since I was stuck in meetings but we finally parked the truck around 4:30 and packed in not very far. There was a steady 10-15mph wind tonight in the hills coming from the west. Told the boys to watch the north east slopes especially the cuts that keep them out of the wind. Sure enough about 10 minutes in I glass up a doe bedded and a few minutes later I see her girlfriend stand up and start feeding. side note: (swaro 15s kill more game than anything I own don’t leave home with out them)

We have the wind in our face she is 520 as the crow flies but it’s three steep canyons to get into position. Made a perfect stalk told the boy to go up to the dead tree shooting rest and look right and she will be there less than 100yds. Gets up there the deer is still on her feet bam flop she didn’t take a step after getting hit with the Tikka 308 168g TTSX. I love when everything comes together. I needed an easy win after last week and tonight was about as easy as they come.

Got her all cut up and thrown in a game bag. I sat back took pictures and let the 16yo mule do the work. Good time, proud of these boys they are becoming great men.

Sorry I didn’t film the shot I was to busy making sure he saw the deer.

F8800CC4-4B07-4ACE-A14E-65723A352C79.jpeg6D0A85FE-197D-4964-9BA4-694CE7A43F43.jpeg94961DFF-9025-4C38-89B5-E87C2E8A4D9B.jpeg6421BCCC-FBF4-4BB5-8BCA-CD55372A2BBD.jpeg0BCA353C-C8E9-4911-AD68-D7B9530C9B3A.jpeg004CC649-4830-49E8-8665-163B276C6F11.jpeg85228B6C-E384-48B0-9C9D-32739CEF1C8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Outfrikenstandingilish... congratulations. Raising them right.... Ed F

Reactions: TRICER
Remember, those kids are darn lucky to have you. Congrats. Feels good to fill the freezer and provide for the family.

Good for you and your wife! We too home school and the education and opportunities it provides are unique and unparalleled. Our two oldest sons have each heald down a job since they were 13. This has allowed them to have saved and bought their own hunting utensils, guitars, bows, and such. Very proud of each of them as I am sure you guys are of yours.

Reactions: TRICER
Congrats! just had my son on Sept 26... looking forward to moments like this
nice the boy in the pictures birthday is September 27th 2006. They grow up fast!
I never understood that until recently. I only have a few years left with them before they are out of the house gets me all misty eyed.

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu