Shells

CazadorSuerte

Jan 19, 2019
Anyone else having difficulty locating 20 gauge and 410 gauge steel shot for doves? 12 for that matter? Beuhler??

(Sorry Hatch, promised Daddy I would take him dove shooting)

Thanks boys. As luck would have it I am headed to the 619 today. Will check it out. Nothing in the OC.

I've been on email notification lists for several years now and I'm still waiting for 12g and .410 to buy.
I'd actually prefer to just buy 3" winchester hulls for .410 so if anybody has any lmk. Or would trade 2.5 for 3, 2 for 1.

And I'm not buying 12g from Turnners at their bend over prices for 12g.

Last edited:
Reactions: garlicsalt
This is why god invented reloading. And I might add hoarding. :laughing:
I can't even find the hulls I want for .410 I've been hand reloading the same 40 or so 3 inch Winchesters several times over with bismuth for hunting now. I'm sick of having to do it such small batches and just want some more.

I can't even find the hulls I want for .410 I've been hand reloading the same 40 or so 3 inch Winchesters several times over with bismuth for hunting now. I'm sick of having to do it such small batches and just want some more.
Yes reloading components are hard to come by right now. I have a guy in SD who I have got a lot of hulls from. I will ask if he has a source for .410 hulls. I would not bet on it though.

he has some .410, how many do you want? he has a few hundred he is willing to part with. What are you willing to pay for say, 400. Of course shipping from South Dakota would be added to price. Are you looking for just any hulls or something specific?

Fine firearms hooked me up. Thanks boys. That’s a very nice shop. With the offspring at State, I will have to visit that shop again! Thanks again for the info.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Had a hell of a time finding some 20 gauge in the IE recently. Called everywhere no one had it in stock. Bass pro and sportsman’s didn’t have any available online to ship to store. Big 5 had some. The federal was $14 a box and the Winchester was a whopping $28 a box. Ridiculous especially when they had the exact same brand steel 12 gauge for $14 a box. Not sure where they came up with $28??

Turners might have some but I refuse to buy ammo there because those bastards price gouge ammo. Their prices for everything from 9mm to 12 gauge seem to be 20% higher than most other places

I bought a couple boxes of steel 20GA at rifle gear last week. They had a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corona Sportsman's Wharehouse was well stocked last Wed. Just make sure all your address info matches what they have on file. Almost forgot, I HATE Cal.

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Wholesale pricing on steel has gone way up. Not sure to many folks are gouging (some maybe). Unfortunately retail is going to hover around $18-$19 a box for upland loads until distributors reduce their prices.

And yes there may be holdover ammo still available from last year, hence a little better pricing. Any new ammo recently purchased from wholesale distribution is going to effect the retail pricing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu