Sierra Nevada Bighorns

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
D0ECC4BD-F4AC-4C73-9102-7A9DCB96C306.png
Sierra Nevada Bighorns at 12,000 feet last week. Spent a week up there with family running around in the mountains. We hiked to some high lakes one day and I had a hunch they might be up there so I brought the binos and the big lens. Sure enough there they were. They aren't too hard to pick out in this photo but, how many do you see? My understanding is they are nearly at recovery objectives. I had to screenshot the original photo because it was too big to upload.

Yep there are 8. There were a total of 10 I counted in the area but I never could get them all in one frame. 2 young rams, 2 lambs and 4 ewes in that pic. Couldn’t find the big boys but I didn’t have any big glass with me either.

28226245-19C9-42B2-BDD3-04DD31AD8FB2.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu