Skunked 3 days in a row

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
I bass fished 3 times this week on monday tuesday and wednesday and got skunked every day heres a pic from eachday http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/03/
tu9yseru.jpg
Day 1 i saw hundreds of mallards on this little pond there were a lot more than in the picture
usudy7as.jpg
Day 2 i hiked to lake ramona exelent sight fishing saw tons of fish none bit though bu3u7eqa.jpg
Day 3 me my dad and my friend went to this pond there was a flock of teal on the pond we got our guns ready but they saw us and flew away we fished for 3 hours and my friend caught 2 bass and me and my dad caught 0 its been a fun but frustrating week of fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get discouraged! the bass really slow down this time of year... What are you using? I would recommend using a subsurface rattle bait or diver... They don't respond too well to drop shot worms right now.

TripleJOutdoors said:
Don't get discouraged! the bass really slow down this time of year... What are you using? I would recommend using a subsurface rattle bait or diver... They don't respond too well to drop shot worms right now.
I was fishing a jig that looked like the crawdads in all the locations although i was dropshotting worms too. but im not discouraged im just happy to go out fishing. Also ill definatly try wat you recomended

took my boat out for the first time this year, fished El Cap for nothing wind from the east in the am but nice day I threw jigs, worms, brush hogs, drop shot, kast masters and big swim baits all for nothing but I had a great day You can't catch fish sitting at home

D16hunter said:
TripleJOutdoors said:
I was fishing a jig that looked like the crawdads in all the locations although i was dropshotting worms too. but im not discouraged im just happy to go out fishing. Also ill definatly try wat you recomended

Let me know how it goes!

gteam said:
Being persistent will always pay off, keep at it ;D
Trust me im keeping at it im not one to give up ive been skunked 3 more times scince this post im fishing lake cahuilla in indio this saturday the lakes being stocked this friday with 1500 pounds of trout so im feelin optomistic

egeme6y2.jpg
Fished lake cahuilla on saturday i didnt catch anything but i had a big bass hit a trout swimbait i wass fishing but he spit the hook. that was the only action i had on saturday but i netted a nice 2 or 3 pound trout for a guy who was fishing near me

Fished last night had a nice bass on a crankbait but he spit the hook ive been skunked so much lately lol still havin a lot of fun fishin though

Finnaly broke my fishing jinxyju8yjet.jpg my biggest bass ever i only started bass fishing 8 months ago i couldnt be happier

Hey that's a nice fish D16! Way to hang in and find 'em! Fish tacos on the menu maybe!

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Hey that's a nice fish D16! Way to hang in and find 'em! Fish tacos on the menu maybe!

Sent via Tapatalk
No fish tacos on the menu lol when it comes to bass im strictly catch and release i only had the fish out of water for 30 seconds

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu